Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently started having this problem, and I don't know what's causing it. On EVERY game I play, the sound stutters. It started doing it to me a few days ago when I was using my crappy onboard audio, then I just bought a soundblaster live, and it is still doing it. I deleted all the files in my vba folder and re-extracted them from the zip file, I've tried changing settings, and nothing works. Some games stutter worse than others, but near as I can figure, EVERY game is doing it. Has anyone else had this problem? I think it might just be time to do another fresh format....but I hate doing that as it takes so much time.

Edit: I also just checked Creative's website....no driver updates available for this card.

Edit 2: Well, just went ahead and reformatted...I think my major issue was some spyware that I just had not been able to get rid of, no matter how many ad-aware clones I threw at it, and other various problems such as driver conflicts. My sound is pretty much perfect now for the moment....it stutters still every long now and then, but that's probably just a buffer problem. Besides that, everything is fine so far. One thing I wasn't thinking about it that the SB Live! is only a 16 bit card....whereas my onboard audio was probably 24bit, it didn't support 5.1 and I want to get the Logitech z-640 speakers :heh:

Edit 3: After reformatting and tinkering around a little, the sound drivers are pretty much working perfectly, EXCEPT for in VBA, the sound still stutters in there every once in a while, like it has a buffer problem or something....I also read on forgottens website that soundblaster cards are known to have problems, and he blames them on creative's drivers. But I am not having any problems with anything else. Is there a way fix this?

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as I stated in my thread in the hardware section, I just got a new motherboard....got all my software and drivers installed, loaded up vba and it's still doing the same thing....and it's gotten worse again actually....the sound is pretty choppy....it's driving me mad. I tried the use old synchonization option and it seemed to help....a little. Is there anything else I can do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts