Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna use Iori's SPU with FF9 but I get music echos all over the battles which makes the game unbearable!!! But using Null only makes the FMV's skiipish! The internal SPU has no quality and also produce the echos, so what do I do?

PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
with ePSXe 1.2 i had to have SPU IRQ hack disabled, but with 1.4 it has to be enabled.. wierd. anyway, here is my setting's with NULL2's 1.24:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
That's odd, I'm using the very last version on NULL's spu 1.35 and I haven't had any problems with choppy MDECs.
anyhoo here are my settings...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by liquid
That's odd, I'm using the very last version on NULL's spu 1.35 and I haven't had any problems with choppy MDECs.
anyhoo here are my settings...
Awesome Dude... I just tried your exact settings with Null's latest 1.4 series SPU and ePSXe 1.4 and the FF9 mdecs are solid as a rock... thanks :)

I just played it a little instead of testing the opening movie on disc1.. I now wish i wasnt on disc4 alrready.. the sound is so much better now.. sigh... i may have to start over! :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Null2's 1.4?

where? I can only find 1.35.

I though he quit making updates.

Oh....and thax Drizz12 and liquid, I've gave up trying to stop that stuttering sound with NULL2's 1.35. After seeing your setting and trying them out. I was very happy to hear no stuttering

I then started playing around with it again to see if I could figure out why it quit stuttering. I guess you can say you guys motivated me. That and the fact that mysteries like these, just get under my skin. I have to find the answer of, WHY?

I've discovered that the enable Vak Stream seems to be the cure/cause of the skips. Well that's what my conclusion is anyway. Disable that little gem and you'll probably get your stuttering back.

I tried turning off all the other settings except for Reverse (I need that for my system...not a real issue) Enable Sound, Enable XA sound and the Enable Vak Steam. (I didn't enable the CDDA, because I'm using ISO's)

I put the Blocks at 10 and Buffer at 20 (The fastest response time) and didn't get that anoying stuttering during the FMV Opening. I'm sure 40 Buffer is more reliable, but putting the Blocks to 10 really reduces the millseconds, so I suggest setting the blocks to 10. Any comments on Block/Buffer settings?

I find that linear interpolation degrades the sound quality....but I guess that's just a matter of opinon, seeing that both of your screen shots have it active.....I like it deactive.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,the 1.4 version of Null's SPU is a version I found a while back(2/3 months) on a japanese site,and I posted it on the board(I think I wasn't the only one to have find it but I'm the one who posted it),but later BGnome decided to remove the file cause we didn't know where it was coming from and strangely null's site wasn't updated with it,so it seemed it was a leaked beta or something like it.
Now,you can get it at Aldo's site(www.aldostools.com),in his plugin pack.

·
Registered
40 Posts
:D I'm not sure if I was here 2-3 months ago....I think I wasn't. But time kinda flies. Maybe I just missed it.

Cool site though...thanks for the heads up. Here let me give you one of mine.....you probably already know about it, but it's a good AMD site...and being that you own a MSI K7TurboR it may prove useful someday.
http://www.amdzone.com/

And for those that like to play with windows, try this Freeware called, "X-setup." I originally found it packaged with the MSI K7T turbo...found the site later on.
http://www.xteq.com/products/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts