Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nintendo Lover
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone's working their asses off on Dolphin right now, but I'm surprised that something as important as sound (for a lot of games) feels like it's been put on the back burner. Every time they release a new revision, I'm like a kid on Christmas morning, but I'm always a little disappointed that there is never any mention of progress on the SPU.

Does anyone know anything more about this? Do they even have anyone working on it right now?

It just seems like a LOT of time has passed with little to no progress (that I know of).

I wanna play some Zelda games in their full glory :)!

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Random pop!

I pull and compile the source every so often. They were working on sound alot awhile ago. Now though they seem to working on a bit of everything. I think the problem is that there is not enough docs on the sound format.

·
Nintendo Lover
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I realize it's heavily undocumented, but I think they are fully capable. I guess it isn't their major priority right now, but I'm thinking it should be. All other areas have made vast improvements. I guess I'm just a little impatient, since it has been quite a while since I've heard of any progress. Having said that, when I learn to program then I'll be allowed to gripe I guess.

To sum up, I guess nobody really knows at this point.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Okay. I'm no mod, but let's just stop before the flame war starts. Boogerlad i'll recommend you to edit your post, as it's legally imposiible at this point to have those files. And it's going to upset some of the members in the forums (me included)

I'll do the same if you decide to edit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.