Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sound problems (please help)

I posted this on the other board but maybe I'll have more luck here. I used epsxe for the first time yesterday and got a game to run but the sound breaks up alot. I'm using the null2 sound plugin. Can anyone help me out? Here's my PC specs if it helps...

850 mhz Duron
Geforce 256
sound blaster live 5.1
32x CD drive

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
time to try other plug-ins, pete's dsound or orio's plugin for a couple of recommendations. Also mess around with the buffer settings, and try to keep the latency to 10 ms and under. You're also perfectly welcome to try out epsxe's internal sound.

S

·
0 Posts
The other SPU plugin, besides Pete's ecellent DSound plugin, to which gerbilcannon referred is Iori's SPU. Current version is 1.45(1).
Gerbilcannon is correct, try another plugin if Null2's isn't working correctly. Also I have heard that the best version of Null2's to use is either 1.33 or 1.34.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, this problem has already been solved in the general troubleshooting section (or plugin)

So, if u don t mind...
I shall take my leave...
:D

Sawasdee

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I just want to say that each game has special specifications....
For example: the best spu for the final fantasies is the Null2 spu plugin.
Other one: Xenogears seems to be greater w/ the iori spu.
It s just a matter of game.....

Bye

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh
I just want to say that each game has special specifications....
For example: the best spu for the final fantasies is the Null2 spu plugin.
Other one: Xenogears seems to be greater w/ the iori spu.
It s just a matter of game.....

Bye
Yes,it's a matter of game,but for good sound for most games,it seems that the internal SPU is a good choice(Iori's Spu is too).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts