Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the sound/music is jagged and stutters. Sometimes the voices start to deepen like some sort of robot shutting down. Its really weird. The main prob is the stuttering sound/music! Any ideas?!?!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i think we need to add Pete's CD plugin's slow down feature as a possible fix for this in the FAQ, we A this Q way too F
LOL

S

·
0 Posts
Yup, takwu, that is a good idea. I'll personally suggest it. It has helped many people and I swear by it, it fixed Gauntlet Legends for me.
Seiferslasher, get a hold of Pete's CD Rom plugin vers. 1.4 (if you don't have it already). When you go to configure it, set the speed limiting option to 2x speed. This is the speed of a real PSX CD unit. Most CDs, CD Writers, and DVDs should support this option. Running at the slower speed should help w/your sound. It has for others. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
well if that doesnt fix it, then it could be a lot of things:
- try different sound plugins
- I personally find system choking (a low frame rate is a good sign) can also cause sound problems. i.e. lowering quality such as screen res or sound sample rate might fix it
- if this happens to a backup of the game, try the original disc instead.
- finally if the stutter only happens after a while of play, you might be able to "reset" the sound by Esc, then make some sounds in windows, and return to the game.

that's all the tricks i've got :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
As far as the voices go, you can't do anything about it...for now. Shouldn't be as big of a problem in ePSXe 1.3.0...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts