Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm just starting with ePSXe emulation. I could say I'm a rookie !
I'm trying to play Tomb Raider 2 but audio is partially cutted, I get it in a laboured way. I used Null2's SPU 1.35 pluggin.
How can I make sound work ?
Note: I don't have an acceleration card (like voodoo, etc...), is it possible to play without one ?
In case I can, do you know which are the best pluggins to use for video, audio, cd-rom and Keyboard ?
Please help me, I really want to learn about this !
Thanks much !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, you can change your SPU plugin and Cd rom Plugin..I reccommend you use Petes Cd Rom and the internal SPU. Without an acellerator card you can use Petes Soft driver.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much !
I had try the Internal SPU but audio was not very good.
Should I have any special hardware in order to use the other audio pluggins or its just that some games could only use the Internal SPU ?
In the case of video, what is the best accelerator card to use, and with which pluggin ?
Thanks again
Norweggian

S

·
0 Posts
The best accelerator card depends on the amount of money you want to spend. The top of the line is the GEForce 3. It is still fairly new and is quite pricey at around $350 to $400 US dollars. Next up would be the GEForce 2 Ultra, GEForce 2 Pro, and the Radeon cards (especially the 64 meg Radeon). Then comes the GEForce 2 GTS (which I have). It is an excellent card and gives fantastic performance. All these cards are running anywhere from $200 to $300 US dollars. The bargin cards are the GEForce 2 MX, the Original GEForce cards, and Kyro (2?) card. These run from as low as $90 US dollars (for an original GEForce card) to $150-$175 US dollars for the GEForce 2MX and Kyro (2?) cards. All of the cards that I have mentioned (starting w/the GEForce 3) do FSAA, which removes jagged lines around the edges of graphics making them look much smoother and more realistic.
The last group of cards ( if you can find them that is) is the Voodoo 5 series. These are excellent cards and in some aspects top the GEForce 2 GTS. The problem is that they are no longer being made since Nvidia (the makers of GEForce) bought out 3D FX (the makers of Voodoo 5) and stopped supporting the Voodoo 5 cards as of 2/28/01. No new drivers wil be forth coming either, unless a third party decides to release some. The Voodoo 5 cards do FSAA as well. Good luck if you mange to get one of these.
There you have it, a quick run down on the top accelerator cards out there. Best of luck deciding. Hope this helped.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for the info !!!
And for audio, which pluggin should I use ?
:yawn: :yawn:

S

·
0 Posts
The sound plugins that I use are either Pete's Midas plugin ver 1.7 or the internal SPU. Null2's SPU won't work for me no matter what I try.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 8 of 8 Posts