Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I used Duckstation quite a bit and haven't encountered any issues until I tried Bio Hazard (I just prefer the original version of this game). I immediately noticed that a voice line was repeating right after it ended. I continued a bit, and during a cutscene a bit later, the audio wouldn't stop looping, blocking the cutscene from proceding...

I really don't know what causes this, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the emulator at least 5 times, I fiddled around the options to no avail... And the thing is, I tried with another emulator (Mednafen) and it worked flawlessly...

Duckstation is my favorite PS1 emulator so far, and this is the only serious issue I've encountered. Any idea to what might cause this ?

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
Check the disc image hash to confirm it's valid, on game list right mouse click properties and on bottom click compute hashes, if correct you should get a green tick if not a red x which means it's a bad dump.

Secondly post your settings, certain enhancements could've caused this, in advanced settings tick "disable all enhancements" and see if the issue still occurs.

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
Hmm I tested the beginning of the game and noticed no issues with the sound.
Can you post screenshot of your settings, memory card with a save file where the game hangs.

In the mean time here's two thing you can try.
In console settings toggle "Preload image to RAM"
In general tab change the update channel from latest to preview and click check for updates, this will give you a slightly newer version of Duckstation, if you want to change it back just select latest and check for updates again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Preloading the image to RAM didn't do anything, nor updating. Tried to upload memcard, site doesn't allow .mcd files. I also point out that I tried several ISOs of the game (5-6) downloaded from different websites, to no avail.

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
Well I've managed ti replicate the issue but didn't find a solution.
I did find a workaround and that is tu use revision 1 of Bio Hazard instead of the OG, its not the director cut just a later release with bug fixes.
I can't give you a link as its illegal and against forum rules but google redump ps1 archive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts