Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm currently using ePSXe to play Final Fantasy IX (though I've used it in the past for FFVII), and I'm having some issues with the sound. When I have the game in windows mode at 800x600 and in 640x480 resolution, the sound is good, except for the occasional stuttering/"granulation" of the music. But when I have the game in fullscreen mode, even if it is fullscreen in 800x600 (aka same size picture as in windowed mode, but the rest of the monitor is black), the music and sound stutters horribly during certain portions of the game, such as the title/menu screen, in-game menu screens, and during battles. I haven't noticed any problems with the game on the menu screen, but when the music starts stuttering during battles, the game itself slows as well. I use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 for my video plugin, and ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 for my sound plugin. Anyone know what the problem could be caused by? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I just tried out the emulator pSX, and the sound seems to be working perfectly during fullscreen mode, and so far I haven't noticed any of the "granulation" of the music that I hear once in a while in ePSXe. Maybe the plugin I am using is bad or something?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.