Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just created some backups of a few of my games and in the ones with sound tracks, THPS2 and Wipeout 3 the sound track is not playable from the image file (used Alcohol 120%, created a CCD/img file).

By mounting Tony Hawk as a Disk in Alcohol I got the tracks to play again but can not adjust the sound level for them, not a big deal though. I also can't adjust the sound levels when I use the actual disk.

However in Wipeout 3 I still cant get the tracks to play, and when I use the CD I can't adjust the levels, they are constantly blaring and overpowering the game sounds.

I'm using ePSXe 1.6.0
I've tried the following sound plug-ins (although I'm not sure exactly how to config them)
The internal ePSXe 1.5.2
Eternal 1.41
& PEOPS Dsound 1.9

I have ADPCM, CDDA and XA all enabled

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
im not sure about Wipeout, but if it has CDDA audio, then if you use the internal loader it wont work.

the best plugin is Eternal; just use default settings for it. you can also try SPUasync/smooth mode too if your CPU is good enough.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Well, the internal iso loader not reading cdda tracks *feature* has been commented many times before. You are better loading them with either mooby's cd plugin or a virtual drive, as you did with alcohol. About wipeout 3, i know there are some emulation problems with wipeout games, so that might be it. Post your current spu config, and we'll try to fine tune it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts