Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all the posts with other user's issues, but can't get any of the solutions to work for me. My problem is that most of the music in the game has disappeared. My problem started after I left Midgard, so I don't think it's a problem with the ROM. I have a tendency to have no frame limit, but I under no circumstances use frame skipping for fear of glitches. I really don't want to have to go back and start over again, but I also don't want to play through the game with over half the music missing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried both the core and the external SPU, both have the same issue. I've also tried altering some of the settings, but nothing seems to have any effect whatsoever. I have version 1.71 of the core plug-in, and 1.50 External SPU.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
nm. Just tested it. It works. :thumb:

Oh yeah, try saving on the world map or at a save point. Exit ePSXe and reload using the game save instead of a save state.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've read all the posts with other user's issues, but can't get any of the solutions to work for me. My problem is that most of the music in the game has disappeared. My problem started after I left Midgard, so I don't think it's a problem with the ROM. I have a tendency to have no frame limit, but I under no circumstances use frame skipping for fear of glitches. I really don't want to have to go back and start over again, but I also don't want to play through the game with over half the music missing. Any help would be appreciated.
$5 says you're pressing F3 to load the state very soon after pressing Run CDROM, correct? FF7 you have to wait till you see Square Soft screen come up before loading the state else you end up with buggy sound - at least that's what I found.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I loaded from a save game instead of state, and it fixed the problem. I was pressing F3 right after loading the game. I never had a problem with doing that before, but I'll just have to be a little more patient with my legendary game. :D Thanks again!

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
loading the state, saving to memcard and reloading that would also fix the audio.

·
Registered
21 Posts
$5 says you're pressing F3 to load the state very soon after pressing Run CDROM, correct? FF7 you have to wait till you see Square Soft screen come up before loading the state else you end up with buggy sound - at least that's what I found.
Sorry for the necro, but is there any truth to this?

I've always hit F3 immediately. Sometimes I do experience buggy sound while using save states though, such as certain sound loops disappearing when I load a state (that were looping when I saved).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.