Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is limited to one game or not, but since I only play FFVII on the emulator I can't really test it on other games.

Up until recently I used the old 1.6.0 version of ePSXe and some old plugins since they worked fine for the most part.
The only exception to this was the audio in FFVII.

I was using ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2

The music was fine, but the battle sounds were weird. For instance, when Tifa would attack something, in place of the sound of her fist hitting it, there was this funny screeching sound.

Now that I've upgraded to the 1.7.0 version of ePSXe as well as some brand new plugins, I have a different problem, once again with the sound.

My current sound plugin is ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0

Now the Music is even better and Tifa's fists sound like fists when they impact the enemy, however, that sound is now very low. It is barely audible over the music and many other FX sounds are similarly low in volume compared to everything else.

Does anyone have some suggestions for this?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use Eternal SPU, and configure the Buffer length higher or lower depending on how the game sounds.

too low = crackling and screeching.
too high = sounds not in sync with game, or missing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.