Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some issues with the music of ffVII + VIII + IX. i downloaded the midi music files and they sound almost COMPLETELY different from what i get in the emulated game.

ff7:
havent emulated myself so far yet, but the "mako" music is definately not right (i even get static) and what i have heard so far is BAD in comparison to the midi files

ff8:
the emulated version is without issues and by far better than the midi files, i love this :thumbsup:

ff9:
mostly the same as ff8, but the black cat (black mage village) is a bit bad. (i did not mean that it sounds like the ff8 music though X| )

i just want a way to make the ff7 music to sound correctly, maby a plugin that uses a different midi reader, so i can play at least ff7 the way it is meant to be played

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Huh? I don't understand - when you play FF emulated, you should get exactly the same music as on a real PSX. The only "MIDI" FF music I know of are on the PC ports of same. Are you trying to play the PC versions of FF7 and FF8?

I just opened FF7 on ePSXe, and compared it with FF7 PC - only the PC version is using crap MIDI music. Yes I'm aware there are "plugins" for the PC version - but that has no bearing on the emulated version.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
What Celine said. But if you get static, then something's messed up allright. Try using the Eternal 1.41 sound plugin, and if you already were, post the settings you were using.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm i just wanted to know if it was supposed to be that way. and no i will repeat myself, i downloaded the midi music. and as far as i know the playstation ff7/8/9 use midi format music. Hmm, ah forget about whati said about the static anyway, it's only coming in the reactor music, and thats not very often is it? i've played myself through cornholio (cornero) scene and it was pretty much like it's supposed to be in the music, propably just my crappy sound card :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
and as far as i know the playstation ff7/8/9 use midi format music.
well, obviously you dont know far enough, because those games use PSF for their music, which is similar to MIDI....but really, completely different. you think that rich, beautiful sound you hear on the PSX is really the result of crappy beep-boop-beep MIDI files?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.