Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if anyone has been able to get the sound in Spyro 2 to work? I have tried all the sound plugins and have gotten a variety of glitches. Such as gem sound effects cutting out, speech cutting out, background music going weird, etc. I don't know much about the sound settings though, so I might be missing something. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Which plugins are you using? I reccomend Eternal(I'm using this one) for the best sound. What are your specs?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eternal seems to be working pretty well, except the gem sound does not happen. Not a huge deal, I guess; but is there any way to fix this? I am running the game from the CD, if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.
My system specs are:
AMD Thunderbird 1.4 Ghtz
256 MB 2100 DDR RAM
GeForce3 64 MB video card
16x/48x DVD drive

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Hum... what are your settings under Eternal SPU?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Eternal settings:

Sound Buffer size: 8
Enable Reverb
Enable SPU IRQ
Enable Noise and Pitch Modulation
High resolution mode
Enable XA buffer auto adjust
Fine Tune: 0

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Hum... your config seems ok. Just like mine. Dunno why the gem sound is not being played(never played the game, though). Have you tried other sound plugins such as Iori's 1.48 or Andy's 0.16?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I tried the other ones. Except with Andy's, the configuration window always popps up when running a game and wont go away.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Well, Eternal 1.11 is out. You should get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts