Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Im [email protected] undr my cl0th3$
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I recently built this system from scratch. I got everything working, but the on-board sound. I've tried downloading HD drivers from ECS for the MOBO but it isn't working still. I've got a "PCI Device" question mark when I go to Device Manager and I can't figure out what it is. I figure it's my sound since I can't hear anything.. but when I click on Sounds, video and game controllers under DM it says I have everything installed... Here's my specs

ECS-USA GeForce6100PM-M2 2.0 - MOBO
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT - Video Card
4 Gigs G. Skill DDR2 Dual Channel RAM
ST3500418AS [Hard drive] (500.11 GB)
Killer NIC NDIS EDGE Interface
RaidMax Dirk Tooth Case w/ 500W PS
Acer H233H [Monitor] (23.1"vis) - Monitor

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Killer NIC NDIS EDGE Interface
argh, don't tell me you got seduced by their bs.

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No seduction here my friend! I've had it laying around for at least a year, a guy traded it to me for a spare Mustang part I was going to throw away. So I decided it has to be better than the one that comes on the MOBO.

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's definitely my sound... I tried installing Fallout 3 on my PC and it said that I had no sound device and that it couldn't install. -_- I also try to play music on my PC and it gives me a C00D11BA error. I've tried to take the steps that searching for C00D11BA insist on trying, but it doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the PCI device.. that didn't even work. I've submitted a ticket with ECS but that could be ages before that's resolved. If anyone could shed some light on my problem it'd be much appreciated.

Daniel

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Install the latest Realtek drivers from guru3d.com (or somewhere else besides the official Realtek site since their server is ridiculously slow).

Link

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried that link like you said, but that still didn't work... What happened is SP3 doesn't offer a driver support for HD Audio like SP2 did. So here's what I had to do to fix it!

Downloaded this software : kb888111xp2.exe
Open Regedit and go to :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows
Find CSDVersion Key
Legend:
100 (hex) means its SP1
200 (hex) means its SP2
300 (hex) means its SP3

Change CSDVersion from 300 to 200 and Restart
Install kb888111xp2.exe (Microsoft UAA Patch)
Change CSDVersion back to 300.
Restart
Install device drivers

Presto! Fixed it. :thumb:

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't be a hater! I'm a muscle head, not a computer wiz! I'm not ashamed of what I have under my case, it's what's under my hood that I boast about. How many girls you got checking out your PC man? Come by my classic Mustang barn, see who's laughing than. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.