Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
audio through hdmi or a separate sound card? and in your nvidia settings is vsync enabled or disabled?
my sound is through the 1080 hdmi. i do have onboard sound...ill try to test that see if it makes a difference.
i have my vsync set to default "use the 3d application setting". i used to always turn it on back in the day, but sometime around the release of dragon age origins...turning on vsync would cause my frames to go from 60 to 30 then back again...it was jitter hell. since then i just config them in game unless otherwise noted from games with vsync problems.

Do you consider this simple setting graphically unattractive?
There are two improvements: (a) increase of internal resolution [2x for 3D games] and (b) use of shader [in this case, technique for decreasing aliasing].

The increase of the internal resolution is executed by the CPU when using this plugin, therefore, it greatly affects the performance. However, shader usage is performed by the GPU and thus does not influence the emulation cost at all and therefore does not affect performance. On your computer, your GPU is not afraid of anything, it is extremely powerful, and for your CPU at least 2x the vast majority of games should be able to run smoothly, and at least a few in 4x.

There are alternative shaders for the Core GPU, "thin thing"! ["coisa fina" in portuguese means "good luxury"]

Choose the "99: Custom" option and then click the "..." button and choose a folder with one of the shaders from the link below:

https://www.ngemu.com/threads/epsxe-gpu-core-2-0-custom-shaders.191049/

ps: I'm also interested in knowing if VSync's GPU driver is disrupting the emulator's performance! :D

cheers!
those settings will do nicely...im not too worried about the eye candy...i just want everything to run smoothly. ive messed with shaders in the past and i usually like thoes ones that make everything look like animation or cell shaded...but its been forever since i messed around with them. im sure there are tons more out by now. thanks for the tips...ill mess around with them this weekend when my daughters not hogging my computer..haha

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
[UPDATE]
well, i went and reinstalled windows 7...and now there is zero static/crackling in the sound...in all your settings or mine. it sounds and plays so good now, wow. as a matter of fact i cant get it to do it at all. huh.

man what to do...with win7 coming to end...i was never a big fan of win10, but at least its still being supported. i might have to see what people are doing to harden security while running win7. i mostly game with this pc, so i might consider a dual boot approach. but i digress, thank you for your time and help.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thank you very much for the update. I'm happy to know that on the same hardware, with different Operating System and Drivers - at least - the problem has been solved.

This suggests to me that perhaps an upcoming user with similar problem might need to turn on for the executable compatibility with older versions of Windows to try to avoid sound issues.

As I said in my initial post, it's relatively common people with stupid fast hardware and Win10 complain about low fps, no sync or sound issues.

Your case helps us to try and guide the next, thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i did try the compatibility layer you suggested...it made no difference with me, however i only turned it on for win 7. i should of tried them all to be thorough, my bad.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Again, thank you very much for the information.
Now I do not know what to suggest, kkkkkkkkkkkkk but it was a start, I think!

EDIT: another suspicion lies in power management. Can you tell if you were using a "power plan" other than "High Performance" in Windows 10? And now? Which power plan? thank you!

cheers!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
don't forget windows 10 game mode... it slows games down considerably..it was most likely the cause...
helped a guy on the retorarch discord having slow fps issues, he turned game mode off and bam... 60fps psx games

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Again, thank you very much for the information.
Now I do not know what to suggest, kkkkkkkkkkkkk but it was a start, I think!

EDIT: another suspicion lies in power management. Can you tell if you were using a "power plan" other than "High Performance" in Windows 10? And now? Which power plan? thank you!

cheers!
yhea, i was using the new power management "ultimate performance"...do you think that might be the problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
don't forget windows 10 game mode... it slows games down considerably..it was most likely the cause...
helped a guy on the retorarch discord having slow fps issues, he turned game mode off and bam... 60fps psx games
im pretty sure thats "one" of the tweaks i do to get windows 10 usable...but i might not be on the same page on how to disable it...but to be sure, do you have a link?...ill check my tweaks folder...i use this from here : https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/75936-turn-off-game-mode-windows-10-a.html

·
Registered
311 Posts
I only know the "High Perfomance" option, and the option of using minimal CPU high to at least 50% for these type of test.

On notebooks using Windows 7, I noticed that ePSXe had "low" performance when using power saving and low processor clock options. It seems that in these cases the low processing impact of ePSXe is detrimental to it rather than helping because, I believe, it allows power management to delay execution, as this resource maybe considers that is not necessary to maintain a certain clock, since it is a low demand activity. [suspicion/explanation - conflict with power management is fact in some systems. the explanation is that is under suspicion.]

cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here with my laptop:
WINDOWS 10 1809
Intel i5-4200U 2.6 Ghz
Intel HD 4400/AMD R7 m265
Realtek Audio

Crackling/Popping sound with every settings.
With Windows 7 no problem

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,462 Posts
Intel HD 4400/AMD R7 m265
Er... do the plugins still have trouble with figuring out which GPU to use when 2 or more exist on the same system? I remember that people usually had to manually specify because the stupid plugins almost always picked the Intel GPU.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Game mode and game dvr are already deactivated

I tried both gpus and the results are the same

I think it's a driver problem on Windows 10 because with the same hardware on Windows 7 I don't have this problem

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Er... do the plugins still have trouble with figuring out which GPU to use when 2 or more exist on the same system? I remember that people usually had to manually specify because the stupid plugins almost always picked the Intel GPU.
not really the plugin's fault, when they were made, there were no PC's with 2 GPU's active...(people with intel would disable intel and use the amd/nvidia_)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Game mode and game dvr are already deactivated

I tried both gpus and the results are the same

I think it's a driver problem on Windows 10 because with the same hardware on Windows 7 I don't have this problem
which drivers? I am using the nvidia hdmi driver, no realtek driver is installed at all but I am not on a laptop...dunno the requirements for the intel/amd mashup

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
21 - 40 of 47 Posts