Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I poked around and didn't really find any other thread that could help with this, so I'm posting it here:

I have an Athlon64 FX55 cpu, 1.5GB dual-channel RAM, a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, and an ATI Radeon 9800 pro. Needless to say, I shouldn't be seeing many speed problems. However, the sound in VBA is extremely choppy, almost to the point of being unplayable. I used VBA smooth until I installed XP x64 edition, but apparently it doesn't work under Win64 since it crashes when I load a game. VBA smooth was very playable and had no problems whatsoever under my old Win2k install, so obviously my system is capable of emulating at full speed.

I have played with the settings to no avail. I moved everything back from the fairly agressive settings I had been using to much more modest ones with no real improvement. I've tried removing the old executables and starting from scratch as well, but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a clean install of VBA in a completely new directory and it's working now. Don't know what's up with that. I guess one of those settings must have been tweaked and I missed it.

By the way, VBA smooth was crashing because I had Data Execution Prevention on. It works fine again if I add it to the whitelist. Just FYI :)

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.