Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is there anyone who could help help me? I got an older hp pavilion 533w gave to me that had some problems. It did not have the discks with it so i could not fix some probs that it had. I formated and loaded my xp on it and got it going but i have no sound(it has onboard sound). I put a new sound card in it but still no sound. I went in the bios and it had nothing in there about audio at all so i cant disable it(the onboard sound). Anyone have an idea

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
You should have a disc that came with your motherboard which has all the drivers for the onboard sound and video chips. If not, I think the best thing to do is either check the website of the brand of your motherboard. Most mobo websites have drivers for download.

·
Is it a dream...
616 Posts
i searched around hp and really found nothing... except this little diddy...

NOTE: HP PCs that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do not come with recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery information. The use of a hidden partition provides a convenient process that eliminates the use of recovery discs that may be lost or scratched. Recovery discs for Windows XP are available from HP for a minimal cost. Go to the section " Related support " for ordering information. Your PC may also contain Recovery Creation software.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I understand that there is a recovery disk for the pc. However it did not have one when i got it. I was trying to use my own XP that i bought. I am trying to go around hp and use my own operating system. I have formated the drive and there are no longer any partitions on the hard drive. I did go to hp website and the have no drivers for the sound card they tell you to use the recovery disk which i do not have.

·
War Games coder
1,927 Posts
At that point, I'd suggest e-mailing HP about it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.