Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Posteur du dimanche
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ! I have some trouble that I want to solve :
at first, sometimes when I turn on my computer and windows starts, there is no sound, although my sound card (a creative sound blaster PCI 128) is well recognized by windows! So I restart my computer and the sound appears ! I thought the integrated sound card was the problem and I disabled it in the bios. But the problem is still here! Besides, I installed the last drivers and nothing has changed ! What can I do to solve this trouble?
Secondly, one day I woke up and watched a video but I noticed it was lagging every 30 seconds ! I was using windows media player or media player classic but now I use VLC which is the only media player to read videos (divx, mpg...) correcty ! Why do I have this problem?

·
Sword for hire...a Pro
433 Posts
1.Try Uninstalling Your Old Drivers, And Re install the new ones
2.Mother Board Driver ,"Such As Nforce" Try Reinstalling them Also
3.open your Pc and check if the SB is well in PCI slot.
4.Check Your Wires From SB to Headphones or Speakers what ever you using
5.Format. (win Xp May be F****d*)

·
Posteur du dimanche
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In fact when there is no sound, I open, for instance, winamp to listen to music, it freezes the program and I must close it with the task manager. The problem doesn't come from my speakers and my sound card, which work perfectly when windows gives me sound ! I thought about reinstallation of Windows because these problems appear one day and since this day, I try to solve them, but I was wondering if there were a better solution... I unistalled the old drivers and reinstalled the last, but nothing changed, and as for the motherboard drivers I only found a new bios and some drivers for the AC97 integrated sound card. Maybe the new bios can solve my problem, I will answer you if it does ! Thx

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
perhaps changing the card to another PCI slot (dont remember if this one is PCI)

·
Posteur du dimanche
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No pb for virus and trojans, I use avast! and have already scanned the hard drives, but it seems the problem is now solved, I noticed that a reset of the motherboard had enabled AC97 audio, which was the source of the problem, I think. Now I am trying to solve the videos pb...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.