Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I uploaded the entire SoulBlade image and it runs great on the ePSXe emulator. But when I play the Edgemaster mode and get to a versus screen, windows make that error sound and the game just freezes from there. I know it's not my game because the cd is in mint condition. Is this a emulator bug?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
have you tried a different emulator like PSXeven, or a different version of ePSXe? what plugins are you using? are you using save states?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hushypushy said:
have you tried a different emulator like PSXeven, or a different version of ePSXe? what plugins are you using? are you using save states?
I'm using the current ver. of ePSXe (1.6.0) and no I haven't tried PSXeven but maybe i'll try if its good. I'm not using the save states either and the plugins that i currently use are P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.16 for the video plugin, ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2 for the sound, ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 for CDrom and the BIOS that i have selected is scph1001. Anything wrong w/ these plugins and should I try something else?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
JOEWARE said:
Is this a emulator bug?
Nope.
Try changing your SPU, CDR plugins. Download them on my signature below. Using the core is nothing wrong, but the plugins on my signature below provide optimal performance.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I had such problem... try to change your SPU it's its fault... try with some null plugin if it works...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fireblaster_lyz said:
Nope.
Try changing your SPU, CDR plugins. Download them on my signature below. Using the core is nothing wrong, but the plugins on my signature below provide optimal performance.
I changed the SPU plugin to Eternal and the problem is still there... BTW, there's a error message sry i forgot... it says "SPEC Opcode 01 UNK (PC 000031c0) (00000080) (1989,261)"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fireblaster_lyz said:
OH NO!
Very bad situation...remaster the game cd.
Opcode errors are generated by bad ISOs from scartched cds.
My CD is in mint condition actually. I don't see how it was from a "scratched" CD no.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Anyway, try remaking the ISO, maybe it wasn't correctly dumped the first time.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
seems like he's playing off the CD, not an ISO. try using Peops (best) or Sapu's or Xeven's (easiest) as a CD plugin.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
JOEWARE said:
I uploaded the entire SoulBlade image and it runs great on the ePSXe emulator.
Actually, i think it's the opposite :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay I created another ISO and tried to test EdgeMaster Mode again, but now this time the **** freezes when I go to the book...

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
.....I trust your configuations are optimised. I conclue the problem here is the master copy of the CD.

Try obtaining another Soulblade CD and test it...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Just for the record, try another emulator, like psxeven or pcsx.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts