Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. im using epsxe170

i have soul reaver - legacy of kain iso, ad very close to the beginning of the game, just after learning to glide, there is a cut-scene where raziel sees two green creatures devour some souls. this is where my game crashes. the creature continue to walk around, and the sound of them moving is clear, but the game will not progress any further. it is just stuck with te creatures walking around. i wondered if anyone had a save file, or a fix for this? i will post screenshots of where this happens, and screenshots of my configs

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
can you post those screen shots of your config along with your system specs? if you could also check the logger and see if it mentions any problems or error messages that would be helpful for troubleshooting as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Its a bad dump.
no i dont think so...i mean it all runs fine, and i got the file from a trusted sourse, i think it's just that one part...

can you those screen shots of your config along with your system specs? if you could also check the logger and see if it mentions any problems or error messages that would be helpful for troubleshooting as well.
how do i get my screenshots on here?

and im not the best at computing, is there a simple way to find my specs?

all my other iso's run perfectly, it's just this game :(

Windows Vista home premium
service pack 1

processor: intel core2 quad cpu Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz 2.32GHz
ram: 3.GB
32 bit operating system

is that everything?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
just press the "copy settings to clipboard" button in the lower right hand corner of the video plugin config menu.

for your specs, aside from what you have already mentioned all that is needed is your video card info. type "device manager" in the start search box and then check the display branch, just the brand/model name will do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i/PCI/SSE2
OGL version: 2.1.1

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Window mode
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 2
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: on
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

im also using the PEC plugin, but i never have it open, or any cheats enabled

NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

thats what it says

the logger hasnt mentioned any errors or problems, everything is registering ok

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
im not really seeing anything out of the ordinary with your settings. have you been using save states?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Yes it is.
Soul Reaver PAL works fine for me, played and finished on epsxe.

maybe if the op sourced his iso, oh, iso, yeah BAD DUMP. from a place other then a warez or torrent site......

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Yes it is.
Soul Reaver PAL works fine for me, played and finished on epsxe.

maybe if the op sourced his iso, oh, iso, yeah BAD DUMP. from a place other then a warez or torrent site......
Soul Reaver PAL never worked right here. It has the exact same issue on the same spot. That's by using a CloneCD image or the original Playstation black disc. :p

So yeah, it's an emulator issue. :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Well how the **** did i complete it on epsxe using my original (and scratched to ****) pal disk......

Its probably more an issue with the CDR/iso reading anyway..... the internal one is **** for error handling, its why i recommend everyone mounts their images and uses sapu cdr.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
The problem is not limited to specific plugins and emulators, it does that with everything I tried along all those years. I start to think that this is either some sort of copy protection (sub-code data) or the executable file of the game does something that is messed up on emulators.

Well how the **** did i complete it on epsxe using my original (and scratched to ****) pal disk......
There can be various versions of the same game released. The usual reason is bug fixes or minor modifications. Even if the game has the same region/language on all those releases and seems like it is the same there can still be differences on a lower level.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
*PAL cdrom detected. (SLES_013.01)

These are my settings, but i've no doubt its probably a SPU plugin issue......

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: Ç(

- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 512 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 2
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000003]

EternalSPU 1.5
SPUasync - Smooth (or wait if you want audio sync)
All special fixes enabled.
Buffer size 40
Wait for XA buffer free
Reverb New

CDR Sapu 1.3
All options enabled
Caching set to 3
CDRom speed max
idle spin down (longest available)

Past that area fine

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Turns out that the game is protected with LibCrypt so ISO or BIN/CUE images won't do the trick.

He needs a disc drive able to read sub-code from the disc and a plugin that supports sub-code reading.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Any current DVD-RW can read the subcode properly, Internal CDR plugin or Sapu CDR are the only 2 which support Subcode reading in 1.7.

CloneCD or Alcohol, alcohol contains a Playstation reading profile built in.

I suggest using Sapu though, there was way to many freezes with my perfectly fine images in FF9 with the internal plugin to trust it to run games properly......

i was reading from disk btw..... which is probably why the FMV's were slower then taking a leak in -40 temperatures.

Note, when using Sapu CDR, eternalspu is the only plugin that supports CDDA with it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.