Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been busy but have enlisted the help of fellow reverser -=Zenith=- and here's the result
SC is now fully working and we believe now deserves its status as 'almost perfect'
All GFX corruption is now auto-detected requiring zero user interaction to repair the issue
Thanks to all that gave support on the first version.
As always USEFUL feedback is welcomed.
So very,very tired *yawn* heres the readme and file ....

Soulcalibur version 1.1 by
-=Trickstar=- & -=Zenith=-
Addition assistance by PhatC

How it works:
This is a workaround for the dreamcast emulator
Chankast to allow it to play Soul Calibur with
as little graphics corruption as possible.
All 2d corruption is now fixed :D

How to use it:
1.Extract to your chankast directory
2.Run it
3.Set up your normal emulator settings
4.Start the game.
5.Go fullscreen using the menu or ESC
(Dont use alt-enter anymore it isnt hooked and confuses the mod)

6.In Soul calibur set your options to 'quick player selection=on' since
thats the only place this mod cant fix fast enough. :(
*new* Now CAN correct this area select "SCalbr Plyr select Hack (Beta)"
from the video menu. (warning:this is beta feature.atm.)

New stuff:
(nearly;))ALL 2D Graphics are working perfectly :D
Uses XP style controls instead of Win9x style controls
Use escape to toggle fullscreen
Use F11 to toggle wireframe GFX
Use F12 to toggle debug info in full screen

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
wow, nice news, what a pitty we haven't heard about chankast progress for such a long time...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wow, nice news, what a pitty we haven't heard about chankast progress for such a long time...
hehe, dont get too excited this fix is purely for soul calibur since its the only game on dc i would go to this much trouble for. However after reading some chankast compat. list I believe this hack may also help for

Capcom vs SNK 2 (J) : Works almost perfectly. Some sprite problems even with capcom settings, but could be fixed by changing the resolution of the the emulator. Fast Loading. Runs 60-75fps during gameplay, and 90-120fps out of gameplay.

However that is TOTALLY untested since i dont own the game.Some feedback on that would be nice if anyone has it.

No doubt it will be rendered obselete after the release of NullDC but its anyones guess when that will be so i got busy.....

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I just wrote that it's a good news, since I don't own DC and SC and don't use it... i'm not excited, but Cid should be ;)

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
hehe, dont get too excited this fix is purely for soul calibur since its the only game on dc i would go to this much trouble for. However after reading some chankast compat. list I believe this hack may also help for
GREAT MAN! Only for Soul Calibur ? it's not only, this game is still NR one on many peoples best game ever list and to play it in high-res and with AA, AS... it still looks great to this day!

The only problem is after I play this game for hours on my keyboard my wrists starts to hurt! It's the only game where it happend hehe, I guess I get a bit too violent on the keyboard. I guess I should get one of those things that let's me connect the real controller.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all :)

The only problem is after I play this game for hours on my keyboard my wrists starts to hurt! It's the only game where it happend hehe, I guess I get a bit too violent on the keyboard. I guess I should get one of those things that let's me connect the real controller.

lol, :rolleyes:
Little tip, get a second hand xbox pad, there are almost exacly the same in design and mod to PC VERY,VERY easily. ;)
They make a very nice pc gamepad also with full rumble support,loads of buttons.etc

Make sure you dont get the old type thought they are truly horredious
(i still use my old one to knock in nails :eyemove: )

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Does this look blocky to anyone else?
Who up for a bit of Sai filtering..... ;)

Also just noticed that this mod does unnessasary buffer flushes on the main dc bios screen. Just boot straight into the game and this is not an problem. This issue has been totally fixed and will be released in the next version (1.2) which will prolly be the *final* version.So get reporting any bugs now! thx

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Gogens, it doesn't really help if you're asking questions from someone who hasn't made a post in some years. If you're trying to get the game to work I suggest using NullDC :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts