Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
^_^
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yeah baby! the tale of souls and swords is back. gonna get my copy this week and from the reviews it has got, the game looks as l33t as ever. 25 playable characters :D

as for now you guys can feast your eyes on the official site. and dont forget to download the secret trading cards of Zasalamel and Tira (go the character tab and then just wait for a while on the profile page). the cards are really cool.

Soul Calibur 3 site

enjoy.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I just hope its better than Soul Calibur 2. Having played Soul Calibur 2 in the arcade and on the Gamecube, I prefer Soul Calibur in the arcade, or on the Dreamcast...
I just wasn't that impressed with Soul Calibur 2...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
i hear is just about the same as SC2 only with a few more modes. so similar, in fact, that you could probably get away with calling it SC2.5

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Well I'll rent it, but if thats the case, I'll wait for a while. I was unwilling to pay more than $22.50 for Soul Calibur II on the Gamecube, I'm sure as heck not paying $40-$50 for another copy of the same game...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
maybe they felt people would agree with you and thats why its only being released for PS2. oh well, at least Link isn't around to sully the game.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I think they were nuts to make it a PS2 exclusive. I'm sure there are Gamecube and XBOX gamers who'd buy it...

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Well there were a lot of sales of SCII for the 'Cube. I dunno if SCIII would sell as well without Link...
???

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Exodus said:
come now, i should hope GC owners aren't like that

please, don't try to defend the GC. its a losing/lost battle.
Well I have a PS2 and a Gamecube, there wasn't much difference between the GC and PS2 version except the added character and IIRC a few bugs that plauged the PS2 version...

I thought having Link included in SCII helped sell some games...
Maybe I'm wrong...

I'd also say there are some decent games for the GC, Zelda WW, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Eternal Darkness, among other games...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Exodus said:
x-box especially. GC is too busy with pokemon and mario.
Exodus said:
please, don't try to defend the GC. its a losing/lost battle.
So I am allowed to punch you and you should just take all the hits while standing there, simply because I'm stronger? oO
Someone is allowed to defend his GC when you are throwing sarcasm at him for no reason.
I do agree we shouldn't start another console war because it's been done before.

Back on track.
Putting Link in a new adventure game would sell more titles, putting him in a fighting game would not sell the game to anyone who doesn't like fighting games in the first place. It would've been a good idea to release it for the Cube simply because there's not much competition on the platform. Xbox has DOA series, PS2 has Tekken. All the cube has is Soul Calibur AFAIK.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Maybe SCIII wouldn't be impacted by not having Link, but nowadays I think a lot of gamers have multiple systems, and if I owned multiple systems, it wouldn't matter if only one system got a game and not both...

I have both a PS2 and a Gamecube, and I don't care which system the game runs on if I like the game.

A PS2 is $150, and a Gamecube is $99, that's less than the PS2 was selling for when released...It's nice to own 2 consoles, best of both worlds...

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
I think they were nuts to make it a PS2 exclusive. I'm sure there are Gamecube and XBOX gamers who'd buy it...
I'am the one who'll buy Xbox version (since I love SC and Xbox is only console I have).
But too bad that it's Ps2 exclusive. :hdbash:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.