Votes: 3 14.3%
  • whats a PSP?

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AKA the PSP . im sorry but i was looking forward to the psp and was gonna get one until i herd that the UMDs are not going to be recordable. so what the point in talking about there data capicity and how they could store audio etc. the psp does have a memory stick duo slot oh that great.. does anyone know how exspensive they are!
they could atleast make it mini disc capible so that u can listen to you mini disc music on it or even record minis discs on it. i personaly dont see my self buying a psp movie and the dvd versions its realy pointless. i thought sony had cracked it what portible console could be, an all in one media centre but no what do u think...

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well I am still gonna buy one. I am buying it for he games, and possible later down on the road (if possible) To put TV shows on the Memory Stick. ;) I already know it's gonna be expensive, so that's not gonna suprose me.

I doubt I'll ever buy a UMD Movie and definately not ever gonna buy the music. The only one I would consider is FFVII: Advent Children :p

I am really dissapointed about the lack of recordability on the UMD's, but hopefully emulation will come in play someday and make the PSP even better.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I also shall endeavor to buy one seeing that the games hopefully wil be worthwhile and that I already have a memory stick for my digital camera >.>

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I don't know what the huge deal is. I mean when has Nintendo released writable cartridges? I'm buying the PSP firstly for the games. with the possibility of sticking some MP3's ad movies on there :p

S

·
0 Posts
nintendo, didn't they release that portable without the earphone connector? ;p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea, the one accessory connection they needed, and they ended up focusing on worm lights :???:

S

·
0 Posts
was there ever a workaround for that btw (the missing connector)?

- it's just silly, finally they add the most needed but take out the other most needed part.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I'm not sure. I never owned a portable game system other than the Game Gear. :p

I think they added one after they realized what a stupid mistake they made. I could be wrong though.

S

·
0 Posts
I'd like to know....

so you had a game gear? Was it good? I never really got to try one.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well even though it was viewed as "One of the worst portable game systems ever" I didn't see it that way. The screen was very small and a low low resolution :p But I played Sonic for hours on it. Plus there was a TV connector so you could watch TV on it. How cool is that? I was too young and had no money, so I never could afford that peice :/

S

·
0 Posts
too bad. portable tv is cool ;)
But it was color, and the gameboy wasn't.... I also know there was a SMS adapter for it. Did you have that?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
No. :p I only had the AC adapter :p And only I think 5 games for it. Still, for it's time it was almost revolutionary.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well it also took 6 AA batteries. My parents bought me a whole load of batteries for christmas so I could play anywhere, but they drained before you could say "holycrapmybatteriesjustdied" ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea. And back then rechargable ones were outrageously expensive. So I ended up playing most of the time in my room.

S

·
0 Posts
I had a gameboy but my mom got me one of those rechargeable battery packs...lucky me ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Damn lucky ... :p

Well luckily all the new ones have rechargable lithium ion batteries :wub:

S

·
0 Posts
yup....
I don't think I'll be getting a new portable though... I'm more tempted by the regular consoles.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea. I have been buying every generation of consoles since NES. So now I gotta try Portable. Plus I have been waiting till portable games went 3D. And since they have, nows my chance to get one :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts