Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Okay, since I'm not as tech savvy as some of you guys are, let me ask a question.

Why does the PS3 console have such a hard time playbacking the playstation 1 and 2 games? It shouldn't be that hard since Microsoft and Nintendo have done it, right? So I don't understand why they can't make the latest PS3 model not support playback.

EDIT: Sorry! D: *goes to hide and take question elsewhere*

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Simply put? Sony is a cheapass. They had prefect back-compat support with hardware but discontinued that to save a few bucks.... then they added software support which was buggy and they eventually dropped. I think they should have kept the software support since at least it's something.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
They're probably still working on the software support of BC, just keeping it quiet under the rug. I definitely wouldn't have minded paying a bit more for BC support with the EE chips installed.

@Phil

Fail! I know you know that my thread exists in the game discussion! Give me back my spotlight! /tackles Phil and strangles him with some watercooling tubing.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
/Open.

I was here. lulz.

/close.

seriously though, we've known this was coming for atleast 12months now....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.