Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is now a playable demo of Sonic Heroes, offering the first chance to try out the upcoming team-based third-person platform action game by Sonic Team and Sega Entertainment. This demo contains the lengthy Seaside Hill stage, but the save game function is disabled.

Download from:

3D Gamers
Gamer's Hell

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure it is :p My downloads almost done. I'll post some screens after :)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Damn! I just finished downloading the POP demo.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I played it. It's really fast paced, and hard at times :p Here's some shots. Resized from 1280x960 to 800x600 all options at max, 4xAA and 16xAF.

S

·
0 Posts
Didn't he sound like that since Sonic Adventure? ..or did it get worse? :/

..so, is it smoother than SA? that game had some slight performance issues in combination with the sound card/dsound acceleration.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Is this a multiplayer game? i didnt get it...

S

·
0 Posts
I believe you play with an entire team at once.
Still getting the demo here though.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the PC Demo is Single Player only. Hmm, I hope you can play online with the reatail version.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think so? I havn't heard anything about online play, I thought it was just multiplayer as in people next to you :p

S

·
0 Posts
well, if the console versions weren't online....I don't think Sega would be so nice to release any extra's (other than an Omake directory) with the pc version...

Just tried it, and it's smooth.... looks a little better than its predecessors too

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I'm impressed... Sega released a port with not only a (or close to) year of delay... now if they just would be so kind as to release a port of Panzer Dragoon Orta...

S

·
0 Posts
yup, and this time around the port even seems completely solid.

and yeah, Tails DOES sound like a 6-year old kid ;P

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum sonic hearoes does support up to 8 players for the ps2 if im not mistaken. With multitap. Since that can't be done in the PC maybe they'll release an online option.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Samor said:
and yeah, Tails DOES sound like a 6-year old kid ;P
He always did... I'm still mentally scarred from his yelling in SA/SA2 whenever he lost a life... jap voices weren't any much better either...

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Hum sonic hearoes does support up to 8 players for the ps2 if im not mistaken. With multitap. Since that can't be done in the PC maybe they'll release an online option.
sega aren't PC developers, so they'll likely never do anything more than port their games. Adding an online mode would be alot of work, they'd have to create the net code from scratch and all. I really do doubt they'll be an online mode, especially since the target audiance (6-14 year olds) likely wouldn't care for one.

S

·
0 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
He always did... I'm still mentally scarred from his yelling in SA/SA2 whenever he lost a life... jap voices weren't any much better either...
well, be prepared then 'cause it just got a whole lot worse :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts