Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sonic Chronicles Bug, can't get past Chapter 5 (solution here)

In the compatibility thread it says it's "fully playable", but it should be added that you can't complete the game because of a glitch that won't let you get past Metropolis (chapter 5).

To not spoil anything, I'll just say that after completing a quest with a team, you don't get control of another team in another place like you should, but instead you are back to using the very first team, and can do nothing to proceed.

Hopefully someone will be able to fix this in the future, but right now the game can't be completed in no$gba.

EDIT: I contacted someone who's supposed to send me a .SAV file of tha game exactly after that point; when he does I'll upload it here so people will be able to overcome the bug. ^^

EDIT2: added the Sav file, I suggest you put it in the compatibility thread, or many people are going to make topics about this in the upcoming days. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Try iDeaS or Desmume. See if they pass it correctly.
To do that I'd have to restart the whole game over, and I just don't have the patience to do it right now, so we'll have to be happy with the SAV file i mentioned for the moment. :p

Added the Sav file, all thanks to DocEggmanNega from the Gamefaqs boards. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
You can convert the save file from no$gba format to raw (acekard RPG | EZFlash V | RAW format [auto detection]) format at
Savesgames Converter website

But anyway, unless ideas/desmume actually work, I highly doubt this has anything to do with the emulators - it's probably a bad dump or game bug or something...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can convert the save file from no$gba format to raw (acekard RPG | EZFlash V | RAW format [auto detection]) format at
Savesgames Converter website

But anyway, unless ideas/desmume actually work, I highly doubt this has anything to do with the emulators - it's probably a bad dump or game bug or something...
Well I know that (and also did it), but since i saved After the bug occurred, it's no use to change emulator and keep my current save-file ^^'

·
Registered
3 Posts
how did you go into chapter 5?
i was coming here to search for a solution to my problem, i can't save! >_<
when i try to save the game, it tells me "the save data could not be accessed. please turn the power off and reinsert the DS card.

i tried all the backup cartridge the emulator has, but it won't go..
doi you know some way to fix this?

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
how did you go into chapter 5?
i was coming here to search for a solution to my problem, i can't save! >_<
when i try to save the game, it tells me "the save data could not be accessed. please turn the power off and reinsert the DS card.

i tried all the backup cartridge the emulator has, but it won't go..
doi you know some way to fix this?
You didn't set the correct save type. Read the FAQ thread here on how to fix it.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
Forgot to ask which version of the emu are you using. If you are using 2.6a, set the save type to auto; otherwise, you will have to set the save type manually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was using the 2.6 without knowing it, i thought i had the 2.6a...
thanks to you, i checked it and i solved everything by downloading that version :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: it looks like this bug isn't due to No$Gba, but it's present in the game itself, since I've been in touch with another guy who experienced it and he wasn't using any emulators.

In fact i've also played the game again from the beginning and it didn't happen this time.

I'll leave the Sav there anyway, it might be useful if someone is unlucky like me (and like maaany people I've been hearing to have experienced it).

·
Registered
129 Posts
ive used the auto setting on no$gba2.6a and ive tried all the different settings manually, its still not working for me, just get the "the save data could not be accessed. please turn the power off and reinsert the DS card." everytime i try to save :( how are you guys getting it to work? ive tried patching it and tried it raw and either way it wont work

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Weird. You know you have to reset the game anytime you change the savetype? Even so, Auto works like a charm for me. Try to set the type on Auto and delete your .sav file. Maybe it got corrupted.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
still doesnt work :hdbash:
Change the filename of your game without any special characters and check to see if that works. If that does not work, then set the save type to Eeprom 64Kb, save the setting, and restart the emu. If it still does not work, then redump your game.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty much stuck at chapter 5 as well, though the save file thats on here isn't working for me. :/

*EDIT*
Nevermind, I figured it out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think this is only a problem with the European version of the game, alas, that is the only version dumped at the moment...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts