Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The King of All Kings.
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it doesnt run as smooth as it's supposed too,and it sometimes exits out un knownly.
my computer is fast enough to run it,,so i know that's not the problem.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
sonic adventure dx has an annoying problem thats got probably to do with dsound acceleration. Sometimes I got it to run smoothly, but most of the time it does what you're saying. Try playing with your Dsound settings.

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
my copy wont even be installed icant set it up on my win xp
i installed it on my win98 and played it from that folder strange he
about perfomance write your pc specs for me it doesnt run smooth all the time in 1024*768 res eveything maxed

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Yeah.. every incarnation of Sonic Adventure DX is a poorly coded piece of crap, sadly.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
you'd be better off with sonic heroes, as that game doesn't suffer from this problem and is actually quite an awesome port;
As for sonic dx, I think on PC I got it running right once, but it seems to be kinda random, but based on directsound issues...

try changing the slider in the pic... set it to basic.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
right. try turning vsync of your video card on or off..it might help. also, fiddling with the refresh rates might help a little.

What also helps, is Chankast (DC emulator) + Sonic Adventure; It's smooth at least, allthough it might crash later on in the game, not sure.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
No wonder it runs bad.. that "videocard" is a piece of crap. :p

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
nah, sonic dx is really low-spec. It just has a notorious stuttering problem;
I dont know where the vsync for s3 cards are. try the "advanced" button in that window and see if you can find gfx card settings

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I realize it doesn't require much, but I don't tihnk even an S3 Unichrome really has what it takes. :p

/me slaps S3

1 - 20 of 24 Posts