Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've got a strange issue (and I do mean strange) with Sonic Adventure 2 running on NullDC 1.03 (non mmu version). So, normally, I'd resort to using another emulator (like Demul) for this issue, but, no; Demul runs this emulator way too fast even with speed limiters enabled (ala Chankast/100+fps), so, naturally I thought NullDC would be the way to go. How wrong I was. What's happening here is every time I go to the file selection screen, I'd select the VMU I wanted to save on, but every time I do that (when it says "file select") the game hangs yet the audio continues to play. oO Why this is happening I'll never know. I know it can't be the ISO since it loads past the file select screen on other emulators, like I said before. But I also said other emulators can't play this game at less than 100fps. WTH is going on here? Every other game I've tried on NullDC has worked extremely well in addition to letting me save and load VMU saves without an issues at all. What do I need to do? What should I do to resolve this issue? I've seen so many videos on youtube showing off how well NullDC plays this game; those videos are either all fake or they're all legit, and right now, I starting to have doubts that they are real. Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz 6MB L2 cache)
RAM: 2GB DDR SDRAM (PC2 6400)
GPU: PNY GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3

I'm not trying to diss the emulator or its programmers; again, I've said it's an excellent piece of software. But why this issue is happening is beyond me...and I've been using all sorts of emulators since 1997, so I'm by no means a noob.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Flash file got corrupted somehow, replace it. The fact that the emulator keeps asking for date/time every time you run it should ring a bell or something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That definitely would explain why. I'll give that a try and see how it works.

Edit 7:16PM: *Sigh* This is weird, the dc_flash I used and worked on Demul doesn't seem to cooperate with NullDC; it asks for the time/date every bloody time. I'm getting sick of this. I don't get why this is the only game that's affected...The information will not save.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.