Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having lots of problems with Sonic Adventure 2. I've heard that there are minor problems with flicker and framerate every once in a while, but this is the most severe case I've ever seen while emulating a game:

At times, the game can run very stable, with little to no graphical problems.

Textures and walls stretch like that a lot.

After I captured the 2nd picture, I took a few steps and this happened. Also, notice the jumpy framerate in all of these pictures.

I don't think this has much to do with my PC, considering I've ran games and applications much bigger than a Dreamcast game. I've also been playing Sonic Adventure 1 with no problems in nullDC.

I'm using Chankast's video plugin, and I have 512 MB RAM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same problem only its always messed up like that. the only time the game runs normally is when a movie comes on. like the intro for hero and dark story. but when the actual gameplay comes everything streatches all over the place. i know it has something to do with textures because this same thing happened with other emulators ive used like project64. unfortuanatly i dont know how to fix it.

·
Deus ex machina
1,110 Posts
I have the same problem with my Radeon x1950pro.

With the Chankast's Video Plugin, the game works great but characters don't have shadows, then it's impossible of kill the King Boom Boo.
Nullpvr is the default and most worked upon graphic plugin, with which this shadow issue is solved. If your Pc can't run nullpvr, then the compatibility and your overall experience with nulldc drops significantly imo.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Oh well. Bad luck I suppose. Maybe if you update to the latest driver (I think that's 9.3) or if you mess with the settings of your video card it will work... or it might not work. :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
cranez, use a newer driver. 9.3 had texture format issues.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.