1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
h(header) files can be compiled depending on their content,

·
aka BhaaL
221 Posts
I suppose you refer to template classes and methods. Well, they are sort-of compiled, but in general, .h files usually only contain (forward) declarations.

Seems one of the later Revs introduced SDL as requirement for InputCommon.
This means you need SDL installed in order to compile it.

·
Registered SuperKyo
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the Google code page of Dolphin-team and saw this:

Code:
r1989 changed the project files. building in windows is still broken (trowing sdl.h not found in
inputmanager.h when building core?!) committed by daco65
I didn't try later revisions cause I'm not at home (at my grandmother's)

·
aka BhaaL
221 Posts
Revision: 1988
Author: nakeee
Date: 02:29:52, Freitag, 23. Jänner 2009
to avoid sdl dep in core
----
Deleted : /trunk/Source/Core/Core/Src/InputManager.cpp
Deleted : /trunk/Source/Core/Core/Src/InputManager.h
Modified : /trunk/Source/Core/Core/Src/SConscript
Added : /trunk/Source/Core/InputCommon/Src/InputManager.cpp(Copy from path: /trunk/Source/Core/Core/Src/InputManager.cpp, Revision, 1987
Added : /trunk/Source/Core/InputCommon/Src/InputManager.h(Copy from path: /trunk/Source/Core/Core/Src/InputManager.h, Revision, 1987
Modified : /trunk/Source/Core/InputCommon/Src/SConscript

Rev 1983 might work, since it didn't have InputManager.h. However, I'm wondering how it got in, didn't Input devices work before aswell? Why the sudden switch to SDL?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I suppose you refer to template classes and methods. Well, they are sort-of compiled, but in general, .h files usually only contain (forward) declarations.

Seems one of the later Revs introduced SDL as requirement for InputCommon.
This means you need SDL installed in order to compile it.
iiirm, some emulators code filters into the .h files instead of putting them inside the c or cpp files.

·
aka BhaaL
221 Posts
Not saying its not possible, but its unusual for code to be in there.
At least I'd stick to proper separation unless it serves a purpose. ;)

·
Banned
221 Posts
1.-for compile a simple dll of dolphin project how is the procedure in visual 2005?i have runtime 2008, sdk2008, and m platafform..but i need to now every step ...i have added in my directories but doesn´t recognize the libs or headers..cpp,
2.- is just in time debug a bother?i think that it crash my dolphin sometimes

·
aka BhaaL
221 Posts
1. Right-click the project (you do have the solution loaded?) and select "Build Project". If it doesnt find certain libs/includes, you may want to check Tools > Options, Projects and Solitions > C++ Directories. Add lib-Folders to Library files and include-Folders to Include files.
2. When an application crashes, the Just-in-time debugger is started. It doesnt crash Dolphin, Dolphin crashes and Windows calls the JIT-Debugger for help (you might want to debug the cause, if you're a developer).

By the way, Dolphin compiles fine with SDL-Devel installed. On first sight, it runs fine, but I didn't test any games yet.

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
I am getting this on revision 1996:

Code:
Error    51    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SDL.h': No such file or directory    d:\My Documents\Emulator SVN\Dolphin\Source\Core\InputCommon\Src\InputManager.h    6

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
download the SDL SDK you tool :p

*directed at Xtreme*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts