Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once and a while I'll get Vista's "boom bump" as if something was unplugged. The only odd thing is that nothing was. I've tried for ages to figure out what it is and why it just randomly unplugs. Is there any kind of program I could use to monitor every input in my PC; internal and otherwise and immediately show me change when something unplugs? Next time it happens I would then be able to see... "OH, that's what it is.".

I'd really like to pinpoint this because, quite frankly it's very annoying.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
What peripherals do you have connected? Like when im syncing my phone, youll here the wierd noise if the phone resets or something, even with the wire still plugged in.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my 360 controller, ehhh... keyboard, mouse. You know I really don't think it's them. I have a dead sound card in my PC which might be the problem. All it does is cover a slot and keeps dust and bugsn'whatever from getting in.

Might be it... I was just wondering if there was any way to get Vista to tell me wtf happens when that noise occurs so I can isolate the problem and take care of it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The sound card would be a start. Take it out and do whatever is necessary to replicate the sound.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Fast solution, fresh reinstall windows. But guess is that it has something to do with the driver(s). Best to always stay up to date with windows update to.

~The pro have spoken~
---Tuanming---

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
It could also be a sign of a dying or malfuctioning hardware. Happened to me once or twice xD.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
lol, no, it happens to a friend of mines as well. though his is a wireless control.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts