Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was some sort of WoW screenshot thread (PC screenshot has been dead for a while anyway) , but being months old and such, I didn't find much relivance of reviving a dead thread. Instead, I'll just post some shots I've taken over the past couple weeks. A couple even have some movie referances... easy to spot, but the fact that Blizzard added so many referances to movies/games is great. The game even kinda/sorta has Link, Mario & Luigi! (none included). Feel free to post your own from any game that is celebrating the holiday, even if it's not WoW related! :D

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Hehe, guild wars has some updates too. Christmas crap is all over Lion's Arch, Droknar's Forge, and Old Ascalon.

There are some christmas quests too, where you help to build a huge snowman and then you have to save a town from some grinches :p

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Strider said:
zomg alliance nub! much more a night elf! :p j/k, but seriously, join me and ryos horde side on elune, or be forced into eternal noobitutde :p

Pfftt. Horde isnt all its cracked up to be. Only real difference is its generally smaller on PVE servers. Besides my main is a 60 druid and my alt is a 60 priest. Couldnt handle being a cow.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
its not that horde is all powerful... its that 90% of alliance is 12-year-old-dont-know-how-to-play-his-stupid-night-elf-or-paladin-class dumb, thats why alliance pugs get steamrolled in pvp against horde pugs, and thats why alliance with superior gear still get their asses handed to them. Ofcourse this doesnt count for all alliance but lets just say that... i dont like getting pugs, but i would abhor getting alliance pugs

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Strider: Its true, I have 9 and 11 year old brothers who play night elves and they can't play for **** :p.

ChrisRay: Not so. Having little brothers I can tell you they found alliance much more appealing because the races look pretty. And because of this you end up with a lot of little kids who can't play on the alliance side. I think the real reason Blizzard chose to make Blood Elves playable was so both Horde and Alliance would be appealing to the younger players and ultimately balance the scale a bit more.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
*rolls eyes* The alliance is not more prone to attract idiots. God I really cant you people believe this. Its a ratio thing. More people play alliance. Thus you may come across more idiots. The ratio is the same when you consider overall population. And on PVP servers the horde/alliance split is pretty much equal Yes theres a definate appeal to attractive races. But you may be surprised who they actually appeal too. And according blizzard 70% of women choose alliance because they want to play an attractive persona. The ratio of men playing horde females.((or even boys)) is actually higher than on alliance side.

There are just many "young" kids who think playing undead is "Sweet! And Cool". I find it absolutely hilarious that one side thinks there community is any better than the other. "Like omg I played Horde. That makes me more mature than 95% of the alliance population" do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? I'm not trying to be a dick here. But its completely insulting when you guys make up this ludicrious scenerios about horde actually being more mature than alliance.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the year I've owned WoW, I really haven't done all that much horde wise. I had a 22 rogue at one point (undead) but deleted after 3 or so months of not playing it. My friend and I started a Troll Hunter (me) Priest (friend) combo a couple weeks ago. We only play weekends, so we've only managed to get up to 21 so far, but we're enjoying it.

And I fully agree about the alliance n00b thing. I generally don't play/do anything PvP (not even battlegrounds), so I haven't seen much of a whooping in there. Just heard about them. A good portion of the people on the alliance are just little kids, which is definately a little annoying, espically late in the game where you have to cooperate with teammates to survive. The horde, in my experience, is much more organized and has a lot less stress overall, even in the short amount of time I've played them.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I've met a fair share of idiots on both horde an alliance, if not more on the horde (those Chuck Norris conversations are driving me nuts; Frostmourne Oceanic Server).

I have to really agree with ChrisRay now. There is absolutely the same amount of idiots on both sides. Like if you flip a coin a few hundred thousand times you'll find you get exactly 50% of both sides.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
*rolls eyes* i dont find more undead characters than characters of any other horde race, and i havent had many dealings with undead characters who act like little kids throughout a year of playing this game now. On the other side though, look at the ratio of nightelves to other races, and look at the ratio of human paladins, night elf hunters, and night elf rogues to other classes and races. All the kids either want to play a paladin or be a "badass" illidan-type night elf

I have to really agree with ChrisRay now. There is absolutely the same amount of idiots on both sides. Like if you flip a coin a few hundred thousand times you'll find you get exactly 50% of both sides.
if you flip a coin 1000 times the chances of you getting 50/50 are very small, and the higher the number is the more likely it'll be closer to 50%, but the less likely it will be exactly 50%. That said applying the flip of the coin rule is completely idiotic to something which has as many factors as this... in this circumstance you have to factor in the mentality of gamers 14 and under, what do they like? they like being elves (because they think they are cool), and greater than thou paladins (because the ones that dont want to look badass want to play the holy "good" guys). The "badass" class, and the "goodie" class, and thats what you get... theres a reason why the horde to alliance ratio is so unbalanced and thats because the vast majority of kids under 16 play alliance, and i will not for a second deny that the addition of blood elves will bring a very big concentration of these damnable infants to the horde side as well. Take for example the pvp servers, which quite often have close to 50:50 ratio... You get lets say 1000 good alliance players, 1500 bad alliance players, 1000 good horde players, 1200 bad horde players (alliance still outnumbers horde on most pvp servers) now lets take a look at elune... 5000 alliance to 1500 horde, now lets split the good players, and i know this for a fact because of how much notoriety the large horde and alliance guilds have, and btw i have played both horde and alliance characters on this server... 1000 good alliance, 650 good horde. so that leaves 4000 bad alliance and 850 bad horde... theres still a ratio of good:good and bad:bad but the ratio of alliance good:bad and horde good:bad isnt nearly as large. And i say this without bias, i know my server, and i know that most servers are also like this especially servers where alliance outnumbers horde by a large margin. Once the expansion comes out, then, and only THEN will i agree that as big a ratio of horde players are noobs because so many damn little kids will wanna play blood elves (not to say there will be absolutely no good blood elves but i guarantee 80% of them will suck)

one last thing, just how many horde female characters do you find? In the three guild union my guild has we've got about 600 characters, maybe 20 of which are female characters, what would this have to do with anything anyways, the sex of the player and their character doesnt have as much of an impact on how good they are at the game as age and maturity does

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'd have to agree with Strider on this one.
On my server if you look at PVE accompliishments we have about 5 good horde guilds and maybe 2-3 good alliance guilds. The population is about 50:50. The horde also dominate PVP. There was a good stretch of about 3-4 months during the summer when the alliance never won a game of AV. You know why? It's not because of shaman and their earthbind totems/frost shock. It's because in general the Horde attracts a more mature group. Of course it's entirely possible that this is limited to my server, but that's how I see things.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Where are the screenies?? lol Guild Wars is nice, and we all know his story, not monthy fee and everything. I (my mom lol) bought it in xmas and I'm really starting to like it, I need a better rig to play it though.

Sincerely Shin Mike.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got guild wars over christmas as well. So far, it's pretty good. Definately won't get me off of WoW any time soon, but definately a good break from WoW when it's needed. It's not very deep, however, which I can see why they wouldn't charge a monthly fee. It's got little lag so far, so that's a plus, but the overall feel of the game isn't nearly as good as WoW, but worth playing if you don't want to worry about having to pay to play. One thing I HATE about it is the scrach n' read CD-KEY thing that Guild Wars has. I mean for crying out loud, I did get it right on the first try, but it takes a good 2 minutes of careful looking to read most of the key.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.