Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that most of us out there are not graphic maniacs although we do like them.So my point is that we dont want exact same or better graphics on our pc's but just want some great games like RE:CV and dead or alive to be playable at less resolution may be.GET MY POINT.So every one help me tell this to th hard working coders of emulators.
P.S:We wont mind if a ps2 emulator is a comertial product if good emulation is like VGS or Bleem is given

B

·
0 Posts
Well, I think there're in general some points in your post which need to be discussed.

First off, the subject ... "we" don't care, "we" would like ... I'm not sure why you're talking in plural about yourself, what you wrote there certainly doesn't reflect everyones opinion, and neither does it reflect mine.

On the other hand, most authors I know are developing emus in their free time. They do what they like to do, and not what you'd like them to do. So putting up a wishlist or an order they have to do things in is really useless and totally misplaced here.

And last but not least, a technical detail - decreasing the resolution should, as far as I know, cause more work than letting it remain at the original level of the console.

Please, think a bit more before you post something like that, those posts can be pretty annoying to authors and take lots of motivation.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Creating EMU is not like creating a simple DOS-Based Tic Tac Toe Game. I know this because I follow the EMU-history, from the first, when emu for Amiga, C64, and Atari out - these are great because with the limitation of hardware that days, people still can create something that can preserve the 'gaming' history.

Be Patient. Just flow with the stream, like Bobbi said, emuauthors work for emu softs on their free time. They're human, like most of us.Emulating console Games is a HARD Work... at least, approx. 3-7 years from now until you saw a free/comercial emu that runs PS2/any future console games ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Emu is not an acronym, unless you mean Electromagnetic Unit, so it really shouldn't be capitalized...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SORRY

Sorry if i discouraged you.
The truth is i really apperciate you work and not trying to tell you what to do.
I AM JUST A LITTLE EXCITED AND IMPATIANT TO PLAY RE:CV.
SORRY AGAIN

S

·
0 Posts
I agree, whole heartedly, with what Bobbi said. Let's encourage Emu authors by our patience, willingness to accept what they give us, and by being satisfied w/it. Let's not dicourage them by being demanding or being upset because we may not have gotten exactally what we wanted.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
Emu is not an acronym, unless you mean Electromagnetic Unit, so it really shouldn't be capitalized...
Why don't you petition for it to be ported to the PC. PS2 emulation isn't going to just happen.

- Exophase

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
Originally posted by Exophase

Why don't you petition for it to be ported to the PC. PS2 emulation isn't going to just happen.

- Exophase
I have a PS2 emulator.. and it seems real enough , only i dont have a DVD and a PS2 game to try it out. Do a search in geocities.com " PS2 Emulator " and you'll find it :D

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Yeah, Nitemare seemed real enough too...but that was fake. While I believe it's possible something like that may getting worked on, I flatly don't believe that anything is ready to run anything yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.