Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the deals for this set up?

BenQ E2200HD 22" Full HD LCD Monitor - 2ms, 10000:1, DVI, HDMI, VGA, Audio in, Headphone Jack
BenQ E2200HD 22" Full HD LCD Monitor

BenQ E2200HD 22" Full HD LCD Monitor - 2ms, 10000:1, DVI, HDMI, VGA, Audio in, Headphone Jack 77350J in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Original Price: $349.99
Instant Savings: - $160.02
Price: $189.97

and this pc kit for the $
EVGA X58 SLI LE Barebone Kit - Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz, 6GB DDR3-1333 Corsair, 1TB Hitachi HDD, ATX Case, 750 Watt PSU EVGA X58 SLI LE, Ci7 920, 6GB, 1TB, 750W in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

LOOK AT THIS VALUE! Our Price: $809.97
EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard - Qty: 1 $303.99
Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - Qty: 1 $314.97
Corsair XMS3 Tri Channel 6GB PC10666 DDR3 Memory - Qty: 1 $151.99
Hitachi 7K1000.B Hard Drive - Qty: 1 $89.97
Ultra X-Blaster Mid-T Case - Qty: 1 $65.98
Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply - Qty: 1 $89.97
‡You Save $206.90

I am in no hurry but was wondering what you all think of these items.

I was also thinking of rather than that case this one for the OC & future potential.

Thermaltake Black Kandalf LCS Full-Tower ATX Case with Clear Side, Front USB, FireWire, Audio Ports and Built-In Liquid Cooling System VD4000BWS in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

I know it is pricey at : $362.99 bit if I do the math it doesn't seem that bad of a deal for a nice case built for water cooling by the time you add up the $100+ for a nice water system etc.

Anyways I'd like to know all thought on these parts as I have been thinking about these since I saw the deals.

sbp

· Registered
290 Posts
That's not a deal. You could do far better in canada. This is what I reccomend. If you know of canadacomputer/infonec, go there. Much cheaper prices. I'll compile a list from those stores soon that will destroy the tigerdirect stuff. Please don't go with cheap crappy thermaltake watercooling. Just stick with highend air cooling like the true or mugen 2. unless you're willing to spend 200+. From that, you're still missing the graphic card. Keep the monitor in that deal though.

Don't skimp on the power supply. I like the corsair because it's now gold rated =)
Also, the case is pretty important. having worked with 50 dollar cases and 250 dollar case, the 50 dollar case will screw you over. Super thin paint. Easy to bend panels. Steel (stupid heavy grey ugly crap) Untied and unlabeled headers, expansion, and overall quality. Not standard mounting holes sometimes. The list can go on forever! first pic is from infonec site.

For watercooling the cpu, gpu and northbridge, I reccomend you order from ncix/directcanada and petras/sidewinder/jab-tech. Watercooling will involve some modification of your case, so if you aren't comfortable with that, don't go with it. (you could do external though, but imo, it looks kinda ugly) Don't ever go with kits, or mix aluminum and copper, or you'll get galvanic corrosion and subpar performance. If you have any more questions, pm me. For internal, you could get away with the large space the atcs 840 provides and shove the radiator to the top of it and be done with it. If there isn't enough room, you'll have to resort to mr.dremel and ms.file to hack away and make room for your radiator. Or you can mount it externally with a rad box and cutting tubing holes where necassary.

· Registered
290 Posts
This is the compiled watercooling setup list. Pricey, isn't it. But totally worth it for looks, performance and quiet. This is from directcanada. Free shipping, but I don't know what province you're in so, I can't calculate tax. I7s run hot though, but you'll reach ocs on water far better than on air because of the lower temperatures. If you have the room, get another radiator and give it some fans. that should give you a higher max heatload. xtremesystems is a really nice place to learn about watercooling. The stickies were most helpful imo. My stuff is abit more expensive, but the parts you listed were absolute crap (some of them) You could always get a cheaper case though and save some more money. That watercooling is close to the best without going overboard for money.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Benq sucks. Also, 200-ish is an average price for a good 22" LCD nowadays.
ya, I think I'll hold out a while longer before making any moves.

Thanks all for you input.

sbp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.