Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
So have the Dolphin developers done anything in the way of hardware acceleration? I just ask because Gamecube isn't one of the systems I keep tabs on, and it would be interesting to know if it's even worth following since I have no plans on updating my system for a couple years.

I tried checking out the FAQ, and the only thing that was of any interest was this rather baffling tid bit:
OS: Windows XP Pro SP2 / Ubuntu 5.10 CPU: Intel Pentium-m 1,5 Ghz (Dothan) Graphics Card: Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Memory: SODIMM 1024 MB DDR Sound Card: AC97 Other: Intel® Centrino™ mobile technology
Those are the system specs from an "Official betatester of Dolphin, PCSX2 & GSmax"

Shouldn't there be requirements that your system has to actually _function_ in some modern capacity in order to beta test powerful emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2? You can't possibly run a Gamecube emulator on a glorified calculator like that, and if these are the types of systems being used to test then I fear for the future of emulators.

I think my cell phone is more capable of Gamecube emulation than that guy's PC.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
Unreleased eh? I say bogus.

·
Registered
144 Posts
They were already verified by a mod. Yes, they are real.

The problem, as kingis pointed out, is that the FPS will probably still suck. Which is why I'm wondering what the potential for speed is once compatability has been refined.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
It's good to have testers with different hardware and software. This way you can examine how your application behaves on different systems and if it has problems with specific configurations.

Also, you could spend some time to check the Dolphin website and verify if someone is really a beta tester before commenting. :p

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
To start with I am a betatester for this emulator, and I know for a fact that chaoscode is using the same beta as me, the shots are genuine, I have similiar results from those games, and more ;)

I'll probably post some shots on these forums in the comming future, but the 'testing' side of it comes first, that and New Years is comming up, and testing when drunk isn't a good idea ;)

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
I love gamecube emulation, it brings much joy to my heart.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Trust me, they are real. As for the speed. F|res told me to expect a super huge lose with PageTable support added as it really slows stuff down and it does check the screenies speed. As for speeding them up from talking with him he is going for compatiblty and not speed right now. I do know if he see's a easy speed up he goes for it but he is more so working on getting the games to run and then speed them up. More suprises are in the works and stay tuned! :) Ckemu Im looking forward to your shots also. This new beta is really good.

P.S. on the offical page Ckemu and I both are listed as beta testers so before going and calling fake atlest check it out first **coffnevercoffmorecoff**

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
XxCrashxX said:
great shots guys, I would like to see how ssbm is doing, keep up the good work
I had no Idea that there was a gc emu still in development
I beileve that SSBM was working pritty good before this new update, but it crashed alot. I know I was able to get ingame with it on the latest releace.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
ChaosCode said:
Trust me, they are real. As for the speed. F|res told me to expect a super huge lose with PageTable support added as it really slows stuff down and it does check the screenies speed. As for speeding them up from talking with him he is going for compatiblty and not speed right now. I do know if he see's a easy speed up he goes for it but he is more so working on getting the games to run and then speed them up. More suprises are in the works and stay tuned! :) Ckemu Im looking forward to your shots also. This new beta is really good.

P.S. on the offical page Ckemu and I both are listed as beta testers so before going and calling fake atlest check it out first **coffnevercoffmorecoff**
Unreleased? I say bogus. hahaahaha oh man sorry :p

Yeah I didn't look up the official dolphin homepage to check if you were but seeing the word "unreleased" gives me that very sentence "it'll never be out!", so yeah I am sorry to have doubted those screamshots. :cry:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Nevermore said:
Unreleased? I say bogus. hahaahaha oh man sorry :p

Yeah I didn't look up the official dolphin homepage to check if you were but seeing the word "unreleased" gives me that very sentence "it'll never be out!", so yeah I am sorry to have doubted those screamshots. :cry:

its ok np I was just messing with yeah. I ment as it is currently a unrelease beta. No one said it wouldnt go public. Thats something thats left up to f|res. I ment unreleased as its a non public beta. Ill try to think of a better thread name for it as I see how that could be confussing! ok back to trying to steal your Arcade Awards :D

·
カラム
365 Posts
Hey, why was ChaosCode banned?

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Could it be that he only typed "Banned" into the spot where you can type "Custom User Title" under your profile?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.