Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
;)

Nice, isn't it ? :)
And more to come :) (FFX-2, FFVII Reunion Tracks, FFVIII Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, and FFVI :evil: )

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Ayyy... A real kickass collection. :D

·
Moo.
455 Posts
So... you managed to waste money on everything but the Zelda soundtrack?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Talbain said:
So... you managed to waste money on everything but the Zelda soundtrack?
What are you talking about? No matter how bad games Square does nowadays, their music has always been a best in whole gaming market. Or did i understood it otherwayaround than what you meant?

·
Moo.
455 Posts
Uematsu's about as talented as a rock. He's been composing music that's always just a rehash of something I've already heard either by him, or other artists he decides he wants to steal from.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
They are recycled because they are all in same game serie, if you didnt happen to notice. But they are still masterfully composed and very pleasant to listen, especially with good headphones and taking a nap. :p
Instead of two dime discopop & techno that is infested by most games, good classical and neoclassical is always lightyears ahead.

About him stealing other artists, i believe when i hear who. Every composer and band has always someone they gain inspiration from or what they worship and that affects the music they make, but i doubt he has been playing dirty and cloning any other artist.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Talbain said:
Uematsu's about as talented as a rock. He's been composing music that's always just a rehash of something I've already heard either by him, or other artists he decides he wants to steal from.
You could say that about any musician who isn't a one hit wonder. I think one of the main reason he's so good is because of the state of music today, it's mostly crap put out just to make some money. He's a composer and he plays his instruments, you can't say that for a lot of popular music out there.

Not to say that he is the best, or that he doesn't do it for money, I just like his stuff.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Talbain said:
Please then, could you create 16cds of music better than that? The man may not be a composer god, but he sure as hell is very talented. I think it's an insult to composers everywhere, your slagging of him.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
!!!16 cd's!!!? oO Even god of all composers would slowly run out of fresh ideas with that much music, so no wonder if one might start finding some recyclish tunes.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Samor said:
awesome raz; I'm pretty sure it's quite good music too :)

How were you able to get those?
www.cdjapan.co.jp
Square-Enix recently re-released all of them since they were out of stock almost everywhere.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Damn! Where did you find those? Did you have to have em imported. I so want them!!! All I have is the Spf and midi versions... ewww.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
must have been while i was reading...slowly. WTF I just found out they had a final fantays anime series. how odd....

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
There is TWO Final Fantasy anime series. FF Unlimited (kiddy anime. Quite sucky IMHO) and Final Fantasy - Legend Of Crystals. (four parted OAV, loosely based a time after FF5? Worst anime ever beleive me. Its even worse than pokemon)

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
that is an awesome purchase I also have the FInal fantasy 7 soundtrack and let me tell is the best Soundtrack ever xD Nobuo Uematsu rox!!! I also have part of the 8 and 9 lol I need to get 10 and 10-2 but I'm going to get FF6 that one must be cool :p
nice collection! 20 out of 10 lolxD
edit: well now I'm planning to get everysoundtrack of final fantasy from ff1 to ffx-2 to ff unlimited ^^: after counting around 1920 songs :p xD YAY

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Um, Raziel, you do know that you could have just downloaded the psf's and psf2's for all of those games except Windwaker, didn't you?

Of course, if you purchased those cd's for collection purposes (rather than just for the music), then I can wholeheartedly understand.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts