Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to play a rom on no$gba and it wouldn't work, all i got were both screens black.

Pokemon will still work, but the other one won't. I'm very slow with computers so please speak in my language if you want to help.

· ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
I'm very slow with computers so please speak in my language if you want to help.
Ok... but if you want help, then you should provide more info, such as which version of the emu are you using, what game is it that you are having trouble with, etc...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok... but if you want help, then you should provide more info, such as which version of the emu are you using, what game is it that you are having trouble with, etc...
It's 2.6
The game i'm having trouble with is GTA Chinatown wars.
I don't know if i should encrypt it...or even how to do that. it just simply will not work.

· ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
You don't need to encrypt the game. Have you set the correct save type before running the game? If not, then I suggest you follow the instructions in the FAQ thread here on how to change the save type. After you change the save type, save the setting and reload the game or restart the emu (close and run the emu again).

If that doesn't work, then delete the no$gba.ini file in your no$gba folder and try again.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You don't need to encrypt the game. Have you set the correct save type before running the game? If not, then I suggest you follow the instructions in the FAQ thread here on how to change the save type. After you change the save type, save the setting and reload the game or restart the emu (close and run the emu again).

If that doesn't work, then delete the no$gba.ini file in your no$gba folder and try again.
well the thing is, earlier i renamed no$gba.ini to firmware.bin

now when i opened that file in notepad, there's absolutly no txt. i tryed to name it back no$gba.ini, but the same thing happened.

oh whoops i didn't see that you gotta scroll over. i don't see what im supposed to change though

· Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
If you use 2.6, the last free version of No$GBA, you have to manually set the NDS backup media for every game you play. To know what to use, click on the link in my sig, use the dupe search to find the game's scene release page and divide the numerical value of the savetype by 8 (so Advanscene's EEPROM 512kbit translates to EEPROM 64k in No$). Also, multiply the values of Flash savetypes with 1024 before doing the above step.
As for renaming no$gba.ini to firmware.bin, sorry but :hdbash:
Apart from being used by the same program, they have literally nothing in common. On the upside, you no longer need firmware to play commercial games and a new no$gba.ini file is automatically created with the standard settings if you delete it, next time No$ is closed.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
GTA Chinatown Wars is one of those games that requires a piracy bypass cheat as far as I remember, what that cheat is though I have no idea.

· No$gba Philosopher
553 Posts
Piracy bypass cheat? Never heard of it. Does it involves Action Replay DS?

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Yeah, the cheats are AR codes which prevent/overrride some sort of check the game has.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.