Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In limbo
Joined
·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got the video, VHS only tho. Will be getting my DVD copy soon as my allowance comes.;) Great movie, although it flopped at the box-office and not too many people liked it, still a winner in my book. If you want gratifying eye-candy other than the PS2 or a P4+GeForce3 unit, this movie is for you. Anyway, back to the topic.:)

What do you think the final spirit was? I was watching it with my cousins and they all said it was the yet to be conceived spirit of Gray and Aki's child!:eek: What do you guys think?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,586 Posts
What?!! The last spirit was one of those Alien Ghosts that was always after them.. That is why they were trying to go into that huge Crater full of Alien Ghosts.. But it got destroyed by that huge laser gun.. Then the final spirit became the alien ghost inside her..
 

·
In limbo
Joined
·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alien ghosts?

That's possible. But when you think about it and let your imagination wander a bit, it could HAVE BEEN a new life/spirit from the earth Gaia. Remember what Sid said?:confused: :D "The phantom must've changed into the 8th spirit when it touched A NEW LIFE BORNE FROM OUR OWN GAIA." With that, you know, 'new life'. It's either Gray and Aki made love during the kissing scene or something. I don't know. Something like that.:p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,586 Posts
Re: Alien ghosts?

Originally posted by BaD_BURN
That's possible. But when you think about it and let your imagination wander a bit, it could HAVE BEEN a new life/spirit from the earth Gaia. Remember what Sid said?:confused: :D "The phantom must've changed into the 8th spirit when it touched A NEW LIFE BORNE FROM OUR OWN GAIA." With that, you know, 'new life'. It's either Gray and Aki made love during the kissing scene or something. I don't know. Something like that.:p
I think your imagination is wandering off too much.. Sid was talking about that phantom they sensed inside the phantom crater.. He was reffering to it, not Aki and Gray.. The phantom must've wandered into a life form from gaia.. Maybe the thing inside Aki was a part of that phantom which became the 8th and final spirit.. My guess is that the phantom came in contact with either gaia or a strong spirit from gaia.. The earth GAia was right underneath the phantom crater.. So its possible..

Gray and Aki making love? Thats what you would like too see.. hehe..

But, I know people interpret things differently, so.. I only watched it once, and that is what I got out of it.. Maybe if I can watch it over and over.. hehe.. I like that Last song.. Its nice..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Haven't seen the movie yet (planning on renting it this week). I didn't realize you were talking about this movie until I read the spoiler :cry: Just like what happened to me and Aeris...:cry: The movie flopped because Square had absolutely no idea how to advertise. I mean, even the advertisement for the FF games were crappy (when's the last time you saw an ad on TV or in a magazine?). They mainly relied on fans, and in this case, that didn't work so well.
 

·
In limbo
Joined
·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Gk1986
Haven't seen the movie yet (planning on renting it this week). I didn't realize you were talking about this movie until I read the spoiler :cry: Just like what happened to me and Aeris...:cry: The movie flopped because Square had absolutely no idea how to advertise. I mean, even the advertisement for the FF games were crappy (when's the last time you saw an ad on TV or in a magazine?). They mainly relied on fans, and in this case, that didn't work so well.
If Square didn't say that this was a CG movie, would it have made any difference?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by BaD_BURN
If Square didn't say that this was a CG movie, would it have made any difference?
It would have done better, since people see "not real actors" and equate it to a film for children. It still probably would not have been a success, since most people watching it in a theater are instantly labeled nerds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,775 Posts
I guess so. You know, these kind of things attracts people because it's quite different. It may be a dumb way of thinking, but how often do you see movies like that on the cinema? I may be worng, but the last one I remember was Toy Story.

And I have never seen a FF advertise on TV. Actually any game's advertise, except a few ones from Sega, Nintendo and SNK. At least, that's like that in Brazil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
In my opinion, the movie flopped simply because it was computer animated. The movie was aimed at teenagers and adults, but the whole situation gets screwed when people lump the movie in with Shrek and Toy Story - movies that are specifically targeted at children. FFTSW hit that odd middle ground: parents felt it too mature for their kids, and adults deemed it too childish to even bother watching it. I doubt arguments about a trite or typical story could hold much weight: it failed because the general public isn't ready for animation to become a serious medium, a medium that the older crowd can relate to. Square took a risk and they paid the price. Personally, I really enjoyed the movie and was totally breathtaken throughout the entire movie thanks to its absolutely incredible visuals. Movies aren't a niche market, though; Square found this out the hard way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,775 Posts
Originally posted by GopherBroke
In my opinion, the movie flopped simply because it was computer animated. The movie was aimed at teenagers and adults, but the whole situation gets screwed when people lump the movie in with Shrek and Toy Story - movies that are specifically targeted at children. FFTSW hit that odd middle ground: parents felt it too mature for their kids, and adults deemed it too childish to even bother watching it. I doubt arguments about a trite or typical story could hold much weight: it failed because the general public isn't ready for animation to become a serious medium, a medium that the older crowd can relate to. Square took a risk and they paid the price. Personally, I really enjoyed the movie and was totally breathtaken throughout the entire movie thanks to its absolutely incredible visuals. Movies aren't a niche market, though; Square found this out the hard way.
...Also.

(I forgot about that Shrek, ideed.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
yes. Shrek was an exception. Sold well and was for both kids and adults. And funny as hell too :rofl: Favorite music from that movie is definitely the escaping castle music.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top