Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, sorry to bothering you with this kind of posts, i guess the forum is full of this kind. Anyhow, i have some questions about the emulator:
First of all, this is the pc im going to run the emulator:

-Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5750 (2.0Ghz, 667MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache)
-ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 HyperMemory (its a 512MB graphic card)
-3 GB DDR2 Ram

is it enough to run some games?

Second of all, how do i install plug-ins? i have downloaded a few, and extracted them inside the plug-in folder of the emulator, but when i get it to run, the name of the "output" window changes to "patches not found can't apply patches crc=4e0d7bde".
How am i supposed to know which Graphic plug-in i should use?

That's all for now. I hope i get some nice replies. Thx in advance

EDIT: what is the difference between "pcsx2.exe" and "pcsx2t.exe"? Which one should i use?

·
Registered
176 Posts
2D Games, yes, 3D games, will run, but slowly. I guess you're using a laptop, so I wouldn't recommend to even try ps2 emulation on it, as you can't overclock enough without frying it. But still...

The no patches found, that's not really a problem, patches are optional now, at least most of them. To change the GFX Plugin, go to Config/Configure and select your plug-ins. But regardless of plug-ins, you won't get playable speeds at most games.

Bye

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Lies, my 1.8ghz conroe OC'd to 3.0ghz on an AC7 stable.

He can do whatever he wants with his GPU and CPU. YES, you can play PCSX2. I get around 40-60fps in Kingdom hearts and 30fps in GTA3

EDIT: Just read the laptop comment....

Sorry, bud. He's right, you can't overclock that laptop.

the moral of this story is, don't buy laptops!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts