Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, my first post, i am very much new to psx emulation, so dont reply if you dont want to help..

anyways i just wanted to ask a few question, firstly in the faq it says something about mdecs, but in the emulator, i cant see an option for mdec? do i have to have a certain plugin or version of epsxe...

also the sound is a bit jumpy and i tried a burned cd of wwf smackdown but after showing the title screen it goes black..and whilst playin gran turismo it just froze after a while..

Thanx for help in advance...

and sorry if you have heard these question a million times..i read the faq, and did wot i could after trying to understand it..

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
The MDEC option is in epsxe1.1, 1.2, and 1.3

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You should download ePSXecutor and enable the mdecs there. Or you could try to edit the mdec key in the registry. Set it to 1.

Sorry I don't know about those games, but for your sound Iori's SPU 1.471 is quite good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help, one more thing, why does the game freeze after a few minutes of play , and can we play burned cd's or just originals....???:mad:

·
Registered
169 Posts
well..

how much ram do you have? cuz it may be that your runnig outta memory

or maby your gfx card is overheating, try buying a fan/heatsync combo for it

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You might be able to bypass the freeze if you press F4 when it freezes or F5 and then F4.
Yes you can play copies as long as you make an ISO/image of the PSX CD and then burn that to CDR. Use a program like CDRwin or ISO buster to make the ISO.

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by rio

hey !!!, no ePSXe version 1.3.0
sorry....... I forgot that there is no ePSXe 1.3

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, you can play burned CDs w/ePSXe as long as they are properly done. Illegal burned copies are not reccommended because 1.they are illegal and 2. ePSXe seems to have problems w/illegally burned copies, perhaps because of the way they were done.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 9 of 9 Posts