Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got of course the original cd of ff9 pal ita...then i made a backup copy with linux, everything went fine and i can play it on the psx without patches (also 'couse the italian one isn't out), so with a normal psx i shouldn't care about libcrypt, so where they act?

Now if i wanna play it on epsx I will not able becouse the emu can't perform a low level acces to the cdrom, isn't it? So with the patches do they stop the routine to be loaded? Or they do in the way that the routine doesn't need to check the cdrom?

Anyway, do u know where can i find more info on libcrypt and some good forums about that...

tnx in advance

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by bardack
I got of course the original cd of ff9 pal ita...then i made a backup copy with linux, everything went fine and i can play it on the psx without patches (also 'couse the italian one isn't out), so with a normal psx i shouldn't care about libcrypt, so where they act?

Now if i wanna play it on epsx I will not able becouse the emu can't perform a low level acces to the cdrom, isn't it? So with the patches do they stop the routine to be loaded? Or they do in the way that the routine doesn't need to check the cdrom?

Anyway, do u know where can i find more info on libcrypt and some good forums about that...

tnx in advance
I don't know how libcrypt works, but your experience can be easy explained:

Depending on the burning software you use and the model of your CD-R, you CAN make perfect copies of protected PSX CDs. Even the protection can be copied.

Blindwrite is one example of software capable of doing this.

[]s Badaro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts