Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, few weeks ago, I noticed my FPS dropped considerably in all my games,
prolly when I updated my GF6800 drivers to the 81.xx versions.

So after few CSS clanmatch, dealing with massive FPS drops during firefights,
I though I might downgrade to previous version (no effect), then try DNA drivers (slight boost), but I couldn't get the framerate I had before (about 75 in the CSS stress test in Quality mode now are 67-70 in Performance mode ...)

So, few questions, what's the optimal driver for a 6800NU?

How to force a driver control panel to run in english? (the DNA only has international packages)

And why... why the CP reports only AGP 2x compatiblity for my OS? (and of course, how to fix it)

thx

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried both ways, maybe even more :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
just FYI, i've been using 78.01 on my 6800 for a while now. they probably aren't the best choice, but regardless, they run everything just fine.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
I noticed problems with the 81.xx driver

I think it's a nvidia driver issue that has not been caught by nvidia yet, May be buggy drivers. I before uninstalling my previous drivers all of my games were running normally, at normal fps for my graphics card. When I uninstalled my previous drivers, and installed the new 81.xx drivers, in games like unreal tournament it started to lag really bad in singleplayer whenever I turned to the left or right, and in a couple of other games, even in the menus I had lag, I had a significant fps drop after installing the new drivers, and when I reverted back to my old driver everything ran fine again, and back at normal fps.

After what I experienced, to me it seems like a driver issue that has not been pointed out to nvidia yet, Try reinstalling your old drivers again and see if that helped and post back here with the results, and If it worked, I suggest someone to contact nvidia and inform them that the 81.xx driver may be buggy, I'm not saying the driver has bugs, but it is most likely, because I have had problems with it. ;)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thank you guys, I'll take a look again at pre-81.xx drivers.

For the AGP, I heard it's just a little bug that says 2X when it's really 8x

Concerning languages, after tweaking some filenames I got them to work in english

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.