Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Master of Eselhimmel
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here some 1st Screenies from Grandia 1 german inspired by grandia-game.tk:)

My Config:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce FX 5600/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- B8G8R8A8
- Filtering: 2 - edge clamping supported
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- Palettized tex windows: on
- VRam size: 256 MBytes - 196 textures usable

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off FPS limit: 53

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: on (hardware)
- Subtractive blending: activated

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off

SPU: Ethenal 1.41
Settings:look at attached Picture

·
Registered
248 Posts
Funny I just finnished this game for the 2nd time yesterday, I don't get why they translate games to german, spanish, french etc, I wouldnt wanna play Grandia in swedish for example (Im from Sweden). I guess they don't speak good english in those countries?

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Grandia 1 is definatly one of the best games for the PSX, and the bonus dungeons are a whole lot of fun!, with the right settings it looks suprisingly good too.

·
Master of Eselhimmel
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ghale0n said:
Funny I just finnished this game for the 2nd time yesterday, I don't get why they translate games to german, spanish, french etc, I wouldnt wanna play Grandia in swedish for example. I guess they don't speak good english in those countries?
i`ve played Grandia 2 in English. But some Children they will play the games don´t unterstand english. Ubisoft cutn´t trade this beautyfull Game in Germany it was an Fiasco:hdbash: .
I can unterstand russian .Will you play a game written in russian? I sugest many peoples in the westworld have a problem with them.:lol:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Im barely started playing this game few weeks ago. Just today i started back up. Its really slow in the beginning. But im sure it will pick up soon. Just few hours ago it froze so im gonna have to go back and thats gonna take an half or so of gameplay.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
>> I guess they don't speak good english in those countries?
Everyone I know suck at speaking foreign languages, they say "it's too hard to learn"...
I can't agree with that, english is very easy, but the fact that most ppl don't even know how to properly speak their own doesn't help...
I'm french, but I prefer playing US versions of games for several reasons:
-less or no censorship, depending on the games.
-in FR versions, harsh language is always softened
-lots of very good games aren't even released in EU (Xenogears, Chrono Trigger/Cross, etc...)
-NTSC games run 20% faster than PAL ones.

Back to topic, I started Grandia 1 a while ago, though I had so many games to play that I stopped, but to me it looks like a good game and I'm gonna play it for real...
how good is compared to FF7 or Tales of Eternia?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Its the same thing when they dub movies, why the hell would anyone not want to hear the actors real voices?

anyway to your question, I think Grandia Is in the same class as FFVII. They are very different games though, Grandia is more like BOF3 in terms of graphics, enviroments, characters.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
>> Its the same thing when they dub movies, why the hell would anyone not want to hear the actors real voices?

Cause when you have to read you can't concentrate your eyes on the movie :p
Also, you guys want us to have original voices, though when a good french (or other) movie is good for a american filmmaker, they redo everything with american actors.
Ever heard of Ring (jap) -> The ring (US)?
OR
La totale (fr) -> True lies (US)?

you guys shouldn't even talk about original versions and US ones...

>> anyway to your question, I think Grandia Is in the same class as FFVII. They are very different games though, Grandia is more like BOF3 in terms of graphics, enviroments, characters.

Yeah I know, but I mostly thought about the plot and replay value.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I only watch Swedish and English movies actually. The only movies that are dubbed to swedish here are kid movies but they are usually available in english too.

The plot in Grandia is pretty good Id say, but its not a game you replay alot like Suikoden II. Grandia is pretty long, I played it again now but the first time i played it was a few years ago. There are like 3 optional dungeons though, and I guess you miss a few items.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
The story is good, but it's not as deep as FFVII, the gameplay is better though and there are 3 really cool bonus dungeons.

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Ghale0n said:
Funny I just finnished this game for the 2nd time yesterday, I don't get why they translate games to german, spanish, french etc, I wouldnt wanna play Grandia in swedish for example (Im from Sweden). I guess they don't speak good english in those countries?
Not everyone know english, you know that?? English is not the main language in those countries, so they translate the games so everyone (even the ones who don't speak english) can play it!! Don't get me wrong though, I HATE when they dub anime, games and movies... But the voices on the US version of this game are horrible anyway...

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
"Not everyone know english, you know that?? English is not the main language in those countries, so they translate the games so everyone (even the ones who don't speak english) can play it!!"

Yeah, though that's bad that some localized games don't give the option to pley in english... the french translation for FF7 sucks

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
Definately the best part in the series. The sequel wasn't bad but Grandia Extreme really disappointed me. I am looking forward to Grandia 3, maybe old times of the first part will return...

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Grandia was first released on the Saturn, so it makes me remember the time when I only had a Saturn, and ALL my friends had a Playstation. Final Fantasy 7 for PSX and Grandia for the saturn where released almost at the same time, but since I didn't have a PSX, I couldn't play FF7. So I got Grandia instead! At first, I felt bad that I couldn't play "the real RPG, so I had to play this wannabe game..."

But after I've beaten Grandia... Meh, how happy I am that I only had a Saturn... I'm not saying that FF7 is crap, but I'm very happy that I played Grandia! Grandia is one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and to tell the truth, it was the game that showed me that Squaresoft wasn't the only one who could create fantastic RPGs!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hah, I remember my one of my closer friends had a Saturn, we were comparing Tomb Raider on each at the time. And He was talkin up this game "Grandia" I was like wtf is that, you need to get a PSX so you can get FF7. He was upset but a SEGA Fanboy and very against PS. Fast Forward a few months and he was devistated because Grandia wasn't going to be released locally (in the US). So I got to nag him some more :p. And then a few years later, it was annoucned for PSX. And again, more nagging to him :chuckle:

Good times.

This game hurts my eyes now. I haven't played a PSX game all year, and this...Why do you guys have to ruin my memories! It looks good for a PSX game, but damn those sprites are horrible on the blurry ass 3d world. :cry:.

Mr. Killjoy said:
"Not everyone know english, you know that?? English is not the main language in those countries, so they translate the games so everyone (even the ones who don't speak english) can play it!!"

Yeah, though that's bad that some localized games don't give the option to pley in english... the french translation for FF7 sucks
The english one's not too hot either ;). Besides, all of the latin based languages are probably equal to one another since there are exact words for most every common word and getting hte same feeling across in a sentence usually isn't that difficult (cultures are more similar than the asian cultures for example). But did they translate it from the JPN or US/ENG one? I'd hope they went with the US/ENG version to translate since the hardwork was already done of translating from japanese.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts