Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am new at this emulator thing, but I have some questions hopefully someone can help.

Some games such as Street Fighter Collection, Fighting Force, Megaman and Tai Fu runs really slow on my laptop. I know my laptop video card isn't great, but it runs Einhander, Raystorm and Raiden flawlessly. I have already tried several video plugins, it didn't help much. I am running the games at 800 by 600 resolution.

Thanks

Alan

Laptop (IBM Thinkpad T22) , Pentium III 900, 8MB on board video, 256 mb ram, Window XP Professional

·
Registered
262 Posts
The games you mentioned as slow are all 2d I believe. Your video card can't do much for these so your CPU is doing almost all the work. As mentioned above, use a software plugin for the 2d stuff. For the 3d stuff, your video card does a lot of the work instead of the CPU.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For this games you should try using Kazz Soft Plug-In for the Display. I just started using GeForce 2 a month ago, but still, Kazz Soft did wonders on my computer, nice and realible gaming even in 3D games ( Well, it do have glitches, but hey, he's no a programing God or anything... ) You can find it at Ngemu.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Iced~Metal
Humm.. nice laptop... ;)

Try all the stuff these ppl mentioned...

Not sure how VGS can be better w/ 2D games, since it doesn't allow me to switch to Software mode.
What are you talking about? VGS is always in software mode.. It does't have hardware mode..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I never knew that.. *shuffles through VGS readme*... ah now i see:

2. Connectix VGS Minimum Requirements

* Video card that supports High Color (16-bit color).

:emb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by Ranma Kawaii
For this games you should try using Kazz Soft Plug-In for the Display. I just started using GeForce 2 a month ago, but still, Kazz Soft did wonders on my computer, nice and realible gaming even in 3D games ( Well, it do have glitches, but hey, he's no a programing God or anything... ) You can find it at Ngemu.
I am not ? 8)

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Originally posted by jonys
I know this is an epsxe discussion......But Have u tryed playing this games in VGS on your laptop???
I believe vgs works better with 2D games.....thought...
According to his specs he's using Windows XP Professiional so VGS isn't an option. AFAIK there's no way to make VGS run in XP.

·
Registered
44 Posts
aha !
How dare you !!!

...just teasing 8)

I wanted to answer cause I thought it sounded funny !
I noticed that emu users praise plugin authors as if they made a game or as if they invented bilinear filtering or things like that.
In some cases I even got asked if I programmed Tekken myself.. eh !?
..strange.

baubau

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
Originally posted by kazzuya
aha !
How dare you !!!

...just teasing 8)

I noticed that emu users praise plugin authors as if they made a game or as if they invented bilinear filtering or things like that.
..strange.

baubau
WOW the famous Kazzuya is here, and posting like that,,,,,,,, WOW
just Kidding ^^

·
Registered
86 Posts
aha !
How dare you !!!

...just teasing 8)

..strange.

baubau
It's just that you help us, poor Cardless creatures and adepts of 2D games to don't feel excluded. :p

Nah, it's just that your work is nice.

G

·
aha !
How dare you !!!

...just teasing 8)

..strange.

baubau
hey...you did not? That's news :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by Nightmare

Please teach me how to become The God of Tekken Tag!!!!!

I thought i was the King of Tekken... but today i just met The God of Tekken in Arcade, and King can never fought God :(
ehe I used to be good.. up until when I moved to Japan. Too many strong players here !!

Anyhow there are 3 main issues when playing tekken:
1) Know which move is best
2) Being able to perform the move (lots of practice)
3) Know your enemy

Third aspect is very important !
Sometimes I can't win, so I pick Combot (Combot in Tekken4 is like Mokujin in Tekken 3) and I finally win..

The problem is that one tends to play always in the same exact way.. same moves, some weaknesses.
It's important to come up with surprises. Of course technique is very important.. learning some basic juggles and learning how to take advantage of the knocked down enemy.. but eventually any move will work as long as your adversary can't seem to know how to stop it.
Beating people at random isn't easy.. fair fights require some games to get used to the player.

baubau

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.