Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In PEC there are some cheats that have ? in the end and when you activate them you have to type in some value or there can be some other funcion, like in FF9 there is Character Slot Modifier (?) and when you click it, you have to select one character.

I don't quite understand how this works: in FF7 I put some random values to the experience modifier and after the firs't battle Cloud's level rose to 24, even though he received the regular exp.

If someone could advice me a bit and tell just how this works, you could receive a cookie.

Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In PEC there are some cheats that have ? in the end and when you activate them you have to type in some value or there can be some other funcion, like in FF9 there is Character Slot Modifier (?) and when you click it, you have to select one character.

I don't quite understand how this works: in FF7 I put some random values to the experience modifier and after the firs't battle Cloud's level rose to 24, even though he received the regular exp.

If someone could advice me a bit and tell just how this works, you could receive a cookie.

Thank you.
If you used the Cloud Experience Modifier, you modified his experience and not the experience gained after battle.

You'll have to set it up as two seperate codes so inside your cheat list it will look like this

"Exp Mod After Battle 1
8009D7D8 ????
?0000-FFFF
"Exp Mod After Battle 2
8009D7DA ????
?0000-FFFF
If you are wanting EXP values over 65535, you'll need to use a hex calc to find the right values and then enter in values in both sets for the correct combination. AP after battle is done the same way btw.

This modifies the experience after the battle. In Final Fantasy VII, characters have a predertimined amount of experience to get to the next level. So I'm guessing you put in some values around the level 24 range for Cloud. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.