Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow some sites are finding dirty tricks to bypass Adblock and NoScript, rendering it's functionality useless. There's a site that no matter if Adblock and NoScript are enabled, the ads still can be viewed.

Even if I manually try adding both the site and the ads to the blacklist/filters, it has no effect and the ads still remain visible.

There's an image hosting site called imagebam which uses these dirty tricks, somehow they are able to detect that NoScript is installed and enabled, asking you to disable it. No matter what you try to do to block the ads, it has no effect and doesn't work. :angry:

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I edited my post, it's imagebam which is an image hosting site. They also can detect that No Script is installed and enabled.

I notice that some other sites also use similar "dirty" tricks to prevent blocking of ads as well.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
i don't see any ads.

its probably the fact the site uses a fullpage flash applet., but also because i block ads via my host file as well as adblock plus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.