Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I don't have much time atm so I'll have to make this quick :)

One thing I noticed is that with my Cxbx builds, running into KeSetTimer is extremely rare. XDKs that gave us that error quite frequently were 3944, 4039, 4400, 4531, and 4721. I also noticed that no other XDK later than that gave us the error. I'll explain why in a moment, but first let me explain how I found out. I was testing Cxbx with the dashboard (version 4920, but really uses XDK 4831 except for the dashboard library) and I had got the KeSetTimer error. Haha, that was a surprise! At first, I never got it from running the dashboard with Cxbx, but now I do. The reason is because of even though Cxbx found XapiApplyKernelPatches (which started in 4831 and the signature is the same as 4928), but not XapiInitProcess! See why you don't get KeSetTimer with XDK's after 4721? XapiApplyKernelPatches is ALWAYS called before XapiInitProcess.

So when I told Cxbx that 4721's version of XapiInitProcess was the same as 4627's, the problem stopped! This means that KeSetTimer is called by this function. So as long as you can find XapiInitProcess, you'll NEVER have to worry about KeSetTimer again! I hope this helps save you valuable time for Dxbx. Sorry it took me so long to realize this :???:

Shogun.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks for this. You could be on to something - time will tell. I'm currently busy rewriting the symbol-detection once again - I don't have much time for it, but it really needs to be done. Can't postpone it much longer, as we're not yet detecting critical symbols correctly right now.

PS: Did you get my mail? It's awfully quiet?....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts