Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone following this tournament? As a US soccer fan I was pretty nervous in the final 20 minutes of the Egypt game and Brazil vs Italy. At the beginning of the day I never expected the US to advance. After how bad they played the first 2 games I would have been happy with a good game against Egypt. It was unlikely they would advance as they had to beat Egypt by 3 goals and have Brazil do the same to Italy. Turns out thats exactly what happened.

I work with a few guys from Mexico and they have been giving me crap about the first 2 games and even made excuses about the Egypt game saying Egypt is a bad team and Spain is going to win easy.

I wanted to say, "I wonder why Mexico is not playing in the confederations cup?" :eyemove: :lol:

· !
9,570 Posts
Anyone following this tournament? As a US soccer fan I was pretty nervous in the final 20 minutes of the Egypt game and Brazil vs Italy. At the beginning of the day I never expected the US to advance. After how bad they played the first 2 games I would have been happy with a good game against Egypt. It was unlikely they would advance as they had to beat Egypt by 3 goals and have Brazil do the same to Italy. Turns out thats exactly what happened.

I work with a few guys from Mexico and they have been giving me crap about the first 2 games and even made excuses about the Egypt game saying Egypt is a bad team and Spain is going to win easy.
you guys had some luck there, if Italy scored one goal you got bye bye.
Egypt was a strong team in front of Brazil and Italy, i don't know what happened on the 3nd match.
I wanted to say, "I wonder why Mexico is not playing in the confederations cup?" :eyemove: :lol:
o rly?

· Registered
4,727 Posts
LM*****ingAO, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

the spaniards team is just toooooo good.

edit: maybe not :/
We were good at Eurocup 2008 (or something like that), but we weren't good at this...
At least, the true challenge is the World Cup of África. :thumb:

· Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
I wanted to say, "I wonder why Mexico is not playing in the confederations cup?"
Screw you! :p But yeah, I guess it will be a while till we can count ourselves as the strongest in the CONCACAF region again. The national selection seem to be in a long term slump right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.