Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post in this thread what's the best game of 2001 according to you. Post the game you liked best, with screenshot if you want to.
Just one rule: it has to be a game released in 2001 :p ..that's all.

Well, the absolute no. 1 game for me in 2001 was Eracer Online, a relatively not so well known online (and offline) racing game for pc. I dont think the game was even released in the USA (which is too bad). There are very few games that I play as much as I played eracer. Even the NFS titles (of which I am a HUGE fan) didnt get that much of my time. The online community is just great, but dont worry: I play it a lot offline as well, because the single player game is very good too! No, it doesnt have all kinds of gran turismo-type modes, this is more of an arcade racer. Personally I liked to think of it as Ridge Racer but with very different car handling...still arcade-style, but much better! I dont say realistic, but the car handling in this game is just exactly what I want! I've been playing this game since it came out in May and now I'm still playing it a lot...even though I got a DC in the meantime (which is very cool, btw), this game still got the most attention. The DC however, did have the second best game of 2001: capcom vs snk 2, which is truly awesome, but I still like Eracer better...a lot! :)

· Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Originally posted by Enigma1982
No much game I like in this year.....
Maybe Red Alret 2 - Yuri Revenge
But no one can beat Unreal Tournamnet :)
Yeah, Yuri's Revenge was pretty cool. I've still gotta try Return to Castle Wolfenstein though. I'm a pretty big FPS fan so I think I'll like that one a lot. I've also gotta try Soul Reaver 2. I haven't been playing too many games this year...

And what do you mean no one can beat UT? Do you mean no one can beat you, or the computer?

2,443 Posts
Hmmmm.................................................................................Metal Gear Solid 2, it KICKS A$$.......................................................duh, I forgot what we were doing.

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Originally posted by Demigod79

Yeah, Yuri's Revenge was pretty cool. I've still gotta try Return to Castle Wolfenstein though. I'm a pretty big FPS fan so I think I'll like that one a lot. I've also gotta try Soul Reaver 2. I haven't been playing too many games this year...

And what do you mean no one can beat UT? Do you mean no one can beat you, or the computer?
I mean UT rock.........
No other game beat it ;)

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Damn.

I narrowed this down to ten at first, but now down to three. (Basically, I just knocked out choices from the same platform.)

Max Payne (PC)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (GCN)

· Registered
12,014 Posts
> Dont dubble post. Deleat it, it's annoying to see two.

I'd assume Enigma was having trouble posting during one of our regular server breakdowns. Remember, don't click submit more than once, regardless of how bloody slow it is.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
I'm gonna have to say Fellowship of the Ring. Yes, the movie. It was so good that it beats all the games too. Nyahahahaha!

... er, anyway, I'll go with Max Payne, for about a billion and a half reasons.

· Scourge of the Seven Seas
3,029 Posts
I didn't buy too many games this year . . . but the best I played this year was MegaMan X6.

My sister, the bigger gamer in the house, fell in love with Max Payne.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.