Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done playing some GoldenEye on Project64, got to thinking...is there a PS2 emulator? It would be nice to just pull out the laptop and play my 40+ libary of PS2 games on the go. Well my search got me here. Nice website but after reading, you have to get this, this and this, then just maybe you can play a game! I'm just wondering, besides just the work of trying to figure it out, why? Although I did have a thought in making it easyer. When the PS3 comes out.. hack that and see how they run ther own backwords compatiblity, If possible. I'm sure theres alot more to it than that.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
People like you. You think you can just come in here with a fantastic idea and change the direction of the whole project because you believe that the dev's were previously oblivious about your idea. It would be completely useless to hack the software the PS3 uses to emulate the PS2 as that software is specifically designed for the PS3 components which are extremely different from that of a computer. And for the PS3's PS2 emulator to work on the computer first the dev's would have to figure out how to emulate the PS3. So really you're asking the dev's to skip a generation to go back a generation. I don't think you realise how stupid the idea is.

PS3NEO said:
I'm sure theres alot more to it than that.
Atleast you got something right.

You're almost as bad as the guy who said the dev's should make the emulator run in dos.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
That would be emulating an emulator. Considering how much power emulating both PS3 and PS2 at the same time, we would need some kind of quantum physics based computer to play it on full speed. :laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re:

People like me? Dude take a chill pill. My first post and I get ridiculed for even thinking. Besides, I already stated "if possible", so a, "I'm sorry its not possible because, ect ect...." would be nice. I know forums and I know things get repeated but I don't need to get my head ripped off. How does this site get people to contribute with posters acting like a** holes? Anyways.. I"m just thinking With the PS3 around the corner being backwords compatible, and I thought I heard something about linux being on it's harddrive. I may just have another computer then. I think that the time has pasted to have a emulator for PC. I wouldn't say that if this was further in it's development and I could make use of it. I understand how complex it is, I understand it's free and I understand it's being programed with people that have lives. I don't understand why so much effort with what has been done so far. Maybe this is the turning point and before wasn't? I don't know. Well I hope in the sake of the project that it gets better before it get's worse. That will just show that the time wasn't wasted for the devs. It's like spending thousands making a 4 banger as fast as a V8, when you could have just bought a V8 in the first place for less. Spending the thousands was more fun though :) I think I would only understand it with that analogy.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Sorry for our attidute, but we have had to deal with countless of stupid n00bs (not counting you, atleast not yet. :p ) for years. It has made us kinda cynical and aggressive towards new members stating new ideas without any type of experience in programming and such.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
PS3NEO: I was a bit harsh, but your idea isn't a shortcut at all and additionally would entail the dev's dropping what they've done so far, starting work on the PS3 emulation in an attempt to port it's PS2 emulator to the PC. Either way you have to code an emulator from scratch; one to either emulator the PS2 directly, or one to emulate the emulator. It's an oxymoron. And while we appreciate your help its still obvious you didn't put much thought into the idea.

I appologize for our habbitual newb bashing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.